Chapter 8 (Year 3)

A/N~ This time Draupadi's Arya requested me to make an edit for him
🤭😂 You'll see at the end 💜

Now read and fill up this chappie with inline comments 😊❤

(Italics represent thoughts, musings and flashbacks.)

_________________________________________

Demolishing the first fortress was easier than they expected. This desolated town of Sindh wasn't properly guarded.

So when a fire broke out due to the cluster of arrows struck by Arjun, consuming the bricks walls and stone gates, setting ablaze the silver cannons and metallic traps, no one came to save it.

Except for a few casualties, things went smooth. They had even gathered new swords, bows and nooses, along with horses of fine breed.

The second fort, lying not so far from the first one was demolished by Yuddhistir's spear. He fought singlehandedly whilst Arjun ignited the explosive dust stored at its armoury.

The third one spoke of Bheem's glory while the next one blared with the triumphant cries of Nasatyaputra Nakul and Dasraputra Sahadev.

*

Far away from the sandy banks of Sindhu, crossing prosperous townships and states of glorious wealth, flowed the holy Ganga embellishing the famous capital of Kuru kingdom, named Hastinapur.

Conditions were deteriorating ever since the disaster at Lakshagriha, the new rules forged to favour the Royals didn't seem to help much than create a rebellious mass of subjects.

The flickering flame of misdeeds was slowly burning away the lives of the Kuru princes, now it was the 95th Kaurava who had received death's call.

"No, not this time too. I won't let you go like the other fours, Mahavahu."
Duryodhan said clutching his hand.

"B-h-r-a--" he tried to respond.

"Don't stop breathing brother. Yeah. Keep trying. They'll be coming in a moment. " He tried consoling, rubbing his head that lied on his lap.

Mahavahu's pale face started turning paler as he tried gulping the air with all his might, but breathing was a luxury his lungs couldn't afford for long.

The Rajvyeds who had retired a while back came running to a lifeless Mahavahu and a mourning Duryodhan.

"Where were you ?!" He slowly opened his eyes, his orbs resembling burning embers fuelled by the death of his brother.

Two of the physicians approached closer while Duryodhan lifted his brother's head from his lap.

"Why the devil do we pay you ?!" He raged towards them, the two of the chief medics stood trembling with fear while the others fled away.

"Answer me! What's the use of your knowledge if you fail to save my brother. " he grabbed one by his neck while pushing the other to the floor.

"Answer me! This isn't once, it's the fifth time! You won't be spared this time." Duryodhan's flaming voice rose another octave while his hands tightened their grip on the old physician's throat.

"Answer me," the enraged brother forced himself further.

"Y-u-v-ra--" the poor physician choked with all the little air he had left. However, the sentence remained unfinished as the continual strain had sucked the last breath of his life, strangling him to death.

Shakuni rushed just in time to save the other medic from meeting the same fate.

"Stop it Duryodhan, how long am I going to cover up for your misdeeds? "