Chapter 11 (Year 4)

A/N ~ Look who's there at the top 😂🤣
Please ignore how awful he's looking and how bad I edit!

Idk why but I have this strange obsession with silver and moon. Maybe that explains why I like silverizing things...

BTW do read the last part of Ch-2, I rewrote it.

Happy Reading! 💕

_________________________________________

Days crawled for Draupadi, painfully
slow but this time she wasn't overwhelmed when the day of the fourth year of her swayamvyar arrived.
It passed just like every other autumnal day spent by Arjun's beloved except she didn't shed a tear.

Draupadi was sitting on a gold burnished couch in her chamber, playing with her little niece Agniprabha who just turned one this morning.

A glowing smile spread across Abjini's face watching her daughter play with Panchali, observing how the little girl playfully fiddled with her long raven plaits, especially the silver stars that hung from their folds.

"I still wonder why I wasn't able to predict her presence," mused Abjini, a thought she was having for long.

"Because God doesn't let you unwrap his presents beforehand. Your daughter is god-gifted," answered Panchali placing Prabha back on Abjini's lap.

Abjini stared at her daughter as if the answers to her confusion were written on her face.

Her intense gaze darted over the gentle features of the newborn and ended on the sparkly dust on her right hand.

Panchali followed her gaze to realize the glittering dust were from those silver stars.

"The second star!"

Panchali gasped out loud, realizing her niece just pulled out that jewel and that it was gone for real. She was now left with the last jewel her love had gifted her.

"Second star?" Enquired Abjini, staring at her with a surprised face.

"It's a long story. I'll tell you about it tomorrow," she promised thinking she will fabricate a convincing tale till next morning.

Abjini wished her night and left with her daughter, and Panchali rushed to her mirror to make sure she was right.

"Yes, it is gone! But----but that means I'll be left to face someone, Yeah a brute, but what does the youngest Kaunteya imply by that?"

She saw her reflection, her face was glowing at the prospect that she was left with just one star, but she knew deep within she was afraid. Afraid of what was to come.

The wind breathed winter's arrival and the stars were bright when Draupadi closed her eyes. The autumnal moon sailed through the starry night sprinkling beams of its ivory light on her face.

And soon danced a new vision on her eyelids, visio is what they say. This one's a little different, for it could only be seen by a wife devoted to her husband with love.

Draupadi squinted her eyes to see herself facing a man, covered in silken clothes and diaphanous ornaments. A singular glinting on his opulent silver crown.

'But why is he wearing that garland?' she thought watching the floral garland dangling by his neck.

Without breaking his gaze from her eyes, he walked a flight of golden stairs to reach where she stood.

"Sachipati Indra ki Jay," chorused multiple voices as Indra lifted his hand to her.

"Shall we?"