Chapter 13 (Year 5)

A/N~ "Draupadi was always there in his thoughts without him knowing. Arjun was always present in every part of her without her acknowledging."

So this chapter tells more about how they indirectly affected each other's lives and how even while being apart they walked together.

Also, this is the second last part!
Will update the last one Tomorrow.

Hehe won't keep you waiting!

Go ahead read and comment 💟😊

______________________________________

Arjun stepped forward to return to his brothers but his legs throbbed with pain. His eyes darted over the frost-covered path to find a horse nearby as if it were stationed for him. He limped towards it and pulled on the reigns, making it gallop at the pace of wind.

Golden steeds of Sun's chariot travelled eastwards, gloriously painting the horizon as he finally reached his brothers

Golden steeds of Sun's chariot travelled eastwards, gloriously painting the horizon as he finally reached his brothers. They stood under a large tree, unharmed, smiling at him. He cursed himself for doubting Agnidev.

"So you already know, Jyesth?" Arjun inspected the wooden altar his brothers have created to offer oblations to Devi Yogmaya.

Yuddhistir stared at him as if he'd grown two heads while a worried Sahadev approached nearer. "What do you mean Bhrata?"

"Weren't you all at Sindh, moments back, destroying the last fortress?"

"Sindh?" Nakul asked perplexed.

"We've been there, me and Nakul. But that was a year back." Sahadev retorted a past experience where they met their spiritual fathers.

"Yes, Arjun. We've never been there except the twins. What are you talking about? Didn't you tell us to come at this spot after the 98th one?" Bheem reasoned in a concerned tone.

Arjun realized the Fire God not only had the power to read minds but also to manipulate the same.

"Nevermind. I was thinking of future events. We must hurry or else the auspicious hour shall pass."

"Yes Arjun is right," the eldest Kaunteya agreed and sat in front of the altar.

"Nakul and Sahadev could you please pass the sandalwoods," Yuddhistir requested in his tranquil tone and the twins brought the piles of oblations.

Arjun positioned himself beside his brother. And Soon followed Bheem and the twins, encircling the altar.

_____

Draupadi stared at the distant pyres and the streaks of crimson flames towering over them, devouring the near ones of countless families. Only this time she didn't have to sympathize with the masses─ this time burning amongst the flaming pyres was her sister Shikhandini.