Chapter 12 (Year 5)

A/N~ Happy Reading! Long chappy ahead! 🥰❤

_________________________________________

Days unfolded into months, as the Pandavas endured their journey defeating the Kiratas: the gold-hued warriors lying at the foothills of eastern Himalayas. Thus, vanquishing 5 more fortresses on their list. However, their venture didn't end at that, they fought with the Pundra Mlecchas, subjugating one more fort and proceeded down the hill to Angapradesh.

Spread over snowy hillocks and sandy terrains, a prolonged battle was fought with the adamant King. But, Gandhivdhari was fierce than before, with his gandiv he defeated the vast army by streams of silver glazed arrows.

And soon followed the celebrant cries of his brothers. The 95th Fortress was destroyed.

The fading dusk, spread its shafts of splendour, glittering red and golden over the western sky and the winter sun, pale yet blazing, retired behind smoky flecks of clouds as Gandhivdhari lifted his foot over the territory of Magadha.

Their journey, circles back to the 98th fortress, the infamous kingdom of Magadha ruled by Jarasandha.

"It was believed the king was born divided into two halves, and hence was abandoned. But later on, a demoness joined the two halves making him nearly Invincible," Sahadev narrated the popular rumour.

"Invincible?" Bheem laughed along with Nakul.

"How about I and Bhrata Bheem deal with the army and King, while you three head towards the fortress?" suggested Arjun.

Yuddhistir nodded and sat beside him.

"Only if you promise to blow your conch in case situations worsen."

"That I will Jyesth," Arjun promised as he does every time, though he'd never needed to do so in previous battles.

The 5 warriors slept together, in an abandoned cottage, while the unusual army comprising of soldiers gathered from their ventures, refuged in distant houses. The next morning they went on their ways as per the plan.