Episode 9: Lucky Girl

"You two are STILL not dating?" Gwen asks, crossing her arms "I guess not..." I laugh nervously. Gwen sighs and shakes her head "You need to ask Ben to be your boyfriend! You won't be dating til you're 80 if you wait for him to make the first move." She says. "Gwenie, we're only 10. I still got time." I say quickly, Gwen narrows her eyes and smirks "I guess you just don't like Ben as much as you think you do." She hums.

"I do!" I say defensively "You do? Mm-I guess not enough." Gwen says "Gwen, knock it off." I huff with a pout. Gwen laughs before gasping "You should make Ben jealous!" She says "Jealous? Gwenie, I don't wanna do that...isn't that a little....mean?" I sigh nervously. "Y/N, Ben's taking you for granted! If you're not gonna make the first move, then force Ben to do it! It's not the hard, just find a guy, look like you're interested in him-then you have a jealous Ben."

I look at her "We're 10!" I sigh. "Besides I've known Benji my whole life. He gets upset when I just talk to another boy." I mutter "Then do that! Come on, this will be interesting." Gwen says with a wide grin. Gwen grabs my wrist and drags me outside the Rust Bucket.

~

"And behind this impenetrable glass is the recently discovered and only known existing copy of the Arkamada book of spells."

I look at the book as Gwen speaks with the lady "It contains ancient witchcraft and rituals from the late 1600s." They both say. The lady glare at her "Maybe you should work here, dear." She says with a snarky tone. Gwen frowns a little "Eh, she's just mad because a 10 year old is smarter than her." I state, leaning on Gwen's shoulder "Yeah, don't let mummy face get to you," Ben whispers, elbowing her softly "She's probably older than that spell book."

Gwen and I both snort at the funny face Ben was making. We stop joking when we're suddenly lifting into the air, everyone starts to scream and I look around. Ben and I grunt, hitting the ceiling. "Ah, something tells me this isn't on the tour." Max says.

"All Tennysons are corny as heck."

A red fog breaks through the window and a man appears. "The Arkamada book of spells," the man says "All of its power shall soon be mine." The man's sash glows and he shouts out a spell.

I shield my eyes from the explosion. Ben shift and dials on the watch "Now might be a good time to go hero-OH!" Ben yelps as we all fall to the floor.

I quickly extend my arms out, causing everyone to come to a rough stop and then gently be placed down "Oh...you really need to work on that." Max groans. Ben tap my shoulder, I turn to him to see her green eyes staring into me.

"What?" I ask, Ben's eyes spark with something and he sighs "Nothing." Was all Ben said before hitting the watch. I put on my suit and turn to see XLR8 "Everyone out." Ben order "Be careful you two, don't know what tricks he's got up his sleeves." Max states. I nod, "Dude, you want a book? Try a library." Ben says. I get into battle stance, the man stares at us.

One of his orbs things start to glow

A/N: I'm spelling the spells the way HBOMAX spells them. So if it's wrong, blame them.

"Bethi-mordor-natta!"

Flames shoot out of the man's staff, setting fire to the banner above us. Ben quickly grabs me with his tail and runs away from the fire "Uh...Benji..." I mumble. We were about to hit a wall, Ben only lets out a determined grunt and runs up the wall.