Episode 19: They Lurk Below

Max hums happily, cooking the breakfast. I cringe at the bitter smell, "Hm? Morning, Y/N. Something on your mind?" Max asks, turning to me. I rub my arm nervously. "Yeah...-a lot of stuff actually...um, promise you won't tell Ben I said this?" I ask, that earned Max's full attention.

"Sure...Y/N....what's going on?" Max asks "I've been thinking a lot-too much actually, but it's starting to feel like I'm losing more and more control of my powers and even my body now....so-" I take a deep breath, the words start to get caught up in my throat. "I think...I think I need to go home. I'm too much of a danger to you guys. It'd better-AND safer if I went home before I could actually hurt you guys."

Max frowns "Have you talked to Ben about this?" He asks, I shake my head "No...if I told him, he'd try to go home too. And, he's been so excited for this trip..." I mumble, rubbing my arm. Max's frown deepens before he flashes a comforting smile "How about this...I have a big trip planned for our next stop. Why don't you think about your decision more before you do anything? At least enjoy this as your last stop." He suggests.

I nod nervously, "Ok...thanks Max..." I sigh "Anytime." He hums.

~Meanwhile~
~Author's POV~

Ben (who was Ghostfreak) watches you leave the Rust Bucket silently "No...Y/N can't leave, I need for too much..." He whispers sadly before phasing into the wall behind him. Ben watches you stare at your hands with an annoyed expression "I'll have to show her how much I need her." He whispers

~💚~
~Y/N's POV~

I stare down at the ocean below nervously... "Whoa...this is cool!" Ben laughs, leaning into me "-Picked up in a billionaire's private jet to check out his brand new hotel before anybody else!" He says excitedly. I take a sip of my water, "Now we're talking a summer vacation. Thanks, Grandpa!" He says with a contagious smile.

"I'd do anything for you guys. You know that, Ben." Max hums "How come you never told us before that you knew Donovan Grand Smith?" Gwen asks, looking away from the window "Must have slipped my mind." Max hums. "There it is..." I hum in awe as we get closer.

The jet lands and the doors start to open, Ben takes my hands. He holds it firmly, guiding me out the jet excitedly. "Max Tennyson. It's been way to long." Donovan hums, Max walks up to him and shakes his hand happily "How are you, Donovan?" Max asks.

"Well, with 16 resorts worldwide, I'd say pretty good. Glad you finally decided to see how the better half lives." Donovan chuckles, nudging Max playfully, "These are my grandkids; Ben and Gwen. And Ben's friend-um-girlfriend, Y/N." He says. My cheeks redden...sometimes I forget that we are in fact officially boyfriend and girlfriend

Donovan smiles at us "And this is my grandson, Edwin." "Hi." The three of us say to him, Edwin huffs "Yeah, whatever." We share silence glances before Donovan speaks again "Ready to take the plunge?" He asks. An elevator opens and I pause "Wait-we're actually going underwater?!" I whisper to Ben nervously "Yeah, but don't worry. You got me here to keep you safe~" Ben says with a proud grin. He once again takes my head and we walk into the elevator.

We ride the elevator down to a control center, Ben squeezes my hand. I sit beside Ben on another water-ride like elevator. He and Gwen looks around excitedly while the elevator goes down. I take a deep breath.

I let the breath out the second when go underwater "Whoa..." I say quietly, staring in awe as dolphins swim above us. "You sure this was the safest place to build a resort like this?" Max asks "You talking underwater fault line?" Donovan asks. My smile fades quickly, "I'm talking more like you're smack dab in the middle of the Bermuda Triangle." Max says, both Gwen and Ben's smiles fade too.