Episode 27: Monster Weather

A/N: So...I just realized while writing this chapter that the 1 year anniversary for this book was...9 days ago. Um, I had nothing planned...y'all want a sneak peek for the AF book? Yeah, I'll do that.

Here ya are beautiful person (or alien...or robot):

It's not gonna be published for a while, but now you all know that the book is officially coming someday

~|💚|~

People cheer and scream loudly, I flinch at the loudness.

"THE GATES TO ROCKING CHICAGO ARE OPEN!"

Ben, Gwen and I look around before Max walks up to us. I stare at his outfit "Come on, we're gonna be late." Max says "For what? Like anything exciting happens at this dumb festival anyway." Ben says, pulling his headphones off.

"-So expect another scorcher with highs in downtown Chicago to top 90."
"And with no rain in sight. It's enough to make my cranium rotate."
"Not so fast, Sam. This meteorologist thinks Chicago's drought might be over. This is Vance Vetteroy reporting."

"Oh cool! It's the dude with that robot!" I say excitedly, accidentally teleporting behind him "Hey, you're the weather guy." I say. Vance yelps, flinching at the sight of me "We saw you and your robot on tv last night." Ben says, touching one of the plasma balls on the robot. Gwen and I giggle as his hair sticks up, "The Sounding Anemometer Metagraph is no robot," Vance sighs with an annoyed tone "He's a sophisticated weather monitoring apparatus created by me, but corrupted by a news station merely after a gimmick."

We stare at him awkwardly "Ah...ok. Whatever." Gwen says. We run over to Max, he smiles at us and we walk into the festival.

~💚~

I play on my F/C DS while Ben listen to his music. I tense when a raindrop hits my screen, I look up and it starts to pour down raining. Ben and I share a confused look, I quickly shut my DS and put it away. The people around us continue to dance and happily listen to the music the band was playing "Didn't the weather-robot say it was supposed to be sunny?" I ask Ben as the rain worsens "Yeah...and robots are never wrong." Ben mutters

We stop looking up to the sky and notice Gwen and Max dancing. Ben stares at them in embarrassment while I giggle "Aw great, could this get any worse?" Ben asks. The joyful cheers suddenly became screams, my face goes pale at the sight of a water monster on top of the stage. "You were saying, Dweeb?" Gwen groans

Everyone screams as the water monster strikes down at the ground. We dodge one of its tentacles, I look up at the monster in fear "Oh no! Not my Sumo Slammer Digi Downloader!" Ben gasps "Wait what...Aw man, I got you that." I sigh "Alright water freak, now this is personal." Ben growls seriously.