CHAPTER-NINE

NEW FRIENDS.💛💛

I woke up late today because I  accidentaly slept in. Now here I am running around like a crazy woman. I put on my white t-shirt tucking it in my blue high waisted shorts. Putting on my black sneakers. I grab my bag leaving my hair down and run downstairs. Being late for  breakfast yet again. I haven't seen Fred,Mason or Josh for the past two days now. I decided to have dinner in my room yesterday, Because I didn't have the energy to go downstairs. My dinner was brought by Mrs wendy."Sweetie you need to set your alarm and wake up early. You can't keep missing breakfast." She scolds me. giving me two paper bags this time. I smile brightly at her kissing her cheek. "You ready? Go on your siblings are waiting for you outside." She tells me. "I forgot something upstairs just tell them to give me a sec" running back to my room looking for something and thankfully i find it on my desk. I kiss my art note pad, going back down but when as I reach outside I see the car speeding  away from the drive leaving me standing again.

I'm on the verge of tears, I can't believe they left me yet again it's 8:39 now It's already late I won't make it. " I see they left you." A voice behind startles me. Whipping around holding a hand up against my chest. "Uh, Josh you scared me." He doesn't say anything looking at me with a blank expression."How are you going to go to school?" He asked."I'm not going" I reply staring at my feet. "Come on I'll take you." He says walking to the black range parked rover in front of us."Are you going to continue staring at me or get in the car?" He asks snapping me back from my daze. Quickly I  walk around the car and open the door to the passenger side. Wordlessly I sit and fiddle with my fingers a habit I do whenever I'm nervous or stressed.

"Did this happen yesterday too?" Asking about the guys leaving me. Shaking my head. "You don't have to keep quiet around me, I promise I don't bite." He teases in a light tone. I look at him and find him smiling at me. Sighing a little relived "I just don't know what to say." I tell him truthfully. After that the car is filled with silence. Twenty minutes later he parks outside. Unbuckling my seatbelt I mumble a small thank you and rush out. I hate my chemistry teacher it's official. He completely embarrassed me when I came in late you don't wanna know what he said. Moving on school was okay today I didn't run into my brothers and sister today strange right? And I  didn't see them too when school was over so I walked back home. Walking is good for your health. I went up to change into  some sweat pants with the same shirt from earlier and went down to find something to eat.

I entered the kitchen going straight to the fridge looking for something to eat. Decided to make a sandwich I slapped some ham, lettuce tomatoes bread, mustard and cheese from the fridge with some salted chips I found in the cupboard. As I'm  enjoying  my made  heaven sandwich. I hear people in the living room. I didn't know we had guests. So I walk towards lounge to check who the voices belongs to. Till the mention of my name stops me mid way. I tiptoe and stand behind the wall that's close to it. "So where's your sister?" A voice asks, I don't know who it belongs to, Must be one of the boys friends. Let's just call him Voice A. "Bella is in her room." A similar Voice replys. It belongs to Case."Why are you asking about our sister Ben? you know the rules." Case asks voice A whom I'm assuming is Ben. "Not Bella Case, relax I'm asking about the other one what's her name again hazel or Harriet?"   Did that fool just call me hazel? " It's heather, dumbass." A new voice says, that one belongs to Trent. "Why you asking about her?" Case asked. "I didn't see her around at school today and I think she's cute.  Just wanted to say hi." I feel my cheek blush at the compliment. "Ew, Don't get any ideas." Mateo enters the conversation. "What? I'm just saying the truth. Why you protecting her I thought you hated her?" Voice A aka Ben asks, It all goes quiet and I patiently wait for the boys to say something leaning in more, Just when I think they caught me for Eavesdropping. "Ha, funny that little slut? No thank you I was just  wondering why the sudden interest." Mateo said. Each word feels like stab to my heart "we didn't ask to be her brothers our parents practically forced her into our family." Trent says with a scoff  "we don't care what you do with her she's not our sister." Mateo adds. "So I can ask out right?" Stupid voice A asks. I stop listening and go back to my room not wanting to hear their response. I toss the sandwich in the kitchen losing my appetite. I  run into someone in the hallway but I don't stop to see who it is. Once I reach my room I slam the door, leaning against it  slumping down on the floor letting my sobs fill the room. I'm I that bad for them to say those horrible things.

******
An hour later a distant voice calls knocking on my door."Heather?" I get up from the floor opening the door. Josh looks at my puffy eyes, I look down not wanting to let him stare more."Are you okay?" He asks his voice full of concern. I just nod still staring at the floor "Can I come in?" He asks, I open the door wider to let him in. Walking straight to the bay window I stand staring ahead this is actually the best  part of my room the view here is calming and makes you feel safe. I see him taking a seat right next to me from the corner of my eye. We sit side by side for a moment not breaking the silence" you know" he starts " when  my mom told us that my dad cheated on her and he had another daughter some where in San Antonio who was going to come live with us. I got really angry with my dad I mean how can he just choose to destroy our family like that, I will admit that I was mad at your mom and you." He signs but continues " I made a promise to hate you that's until I met you. When I looked at you for the first time. All I saw was dad and I. you really look like us it's shocking. While except from your white blonde hair which I'm guessing is from your mum." He goes on " After some time I realised none of this was your fault so why Bother punishing you for some else's sins. I'm not going to defend  my siblings for what they're doing because I know it's wrong especially the younger ones, But I was hoping they  would soon realise what their doing but seeing from your puffy eyes and the fresh tears your sporting I'm beginning to think  that ship is slowly sailing." I look up at Josh his eyes full of concern." Do you want to talk about it." He asks, Shaking my head no not able to speak. He wraps his hands around me pulling me into his chest. I burry my head further into him crying my heart out.

After some time Josh finally gets me to calm down with me still in his arms. "Come on bubble let's get you some ice cream." He says taking us inside. I think I just made a new friend.

While chapter nine is done. Hope you like it💖💖💖💖
Vote
Comment

Byeeeeeee 👋👋👋👋

If they're any mistakes bare with I'm tired and  I'm not about to read all that and edit. So please love it