CHAPTER FORTY

WHAT?

"Ace stop it." I giggle trying to push away his face from the nook of my neck. "How can I when you taste so good." He continues leaving wet kisses on my neck. I haven't left his side for three days straight. His been nothing but sweet just making sure I don't lack anything while I sit in bed all day doing nothing I'd probably die of boredom if it weren't for him. His made it less killable and I'm really grateful. I know he still think I don't fully trust him enough. My heart constricted painfully. It's all my fault that's why he left me in the hospital for a week. "Hey." I turn and meet his eyes. "where'd that beautiful mind of yours wonder off too." He whispers resting his head on my shoulder close enough to feel his breath on my face. "I'm trying to figure out where you went." I say looking at him. He sighs flopping back on the bed rubbing the crease that formed between his eyebrows. I regret ruining the moment. But I just want to know. "I was at my friend's Pent house. No questions asked I just told him I needed some time to think." I hear the pain in his voice I'm hurt to know that I did that. "Babe, I'm sorry." He wipes the tears I didn't even know we're falling. "I'm so sorry I made you leave." I tell him. He rests my face in the palms of his hands and directly looks into my eyes before he says. "You don't have to apologize we were both at fault. I know for a fact that I should have handled it more maturely. I should have stayed and listened to what you had to say but I just needed some time to think things through. I'm sorry too Baby." I smile up at him. "Let's forget about it okay." I nod my head in agreement. He leaves light kisses on my lips before he turns me so that I'm resting my head on his chest. I sigh in content.

Soon we hear a knock over the door. "Come in." Ace calls out. The door opens and reveals my siblings. I smile at the sight of them. "Hey guys, I didn't expect to see you till tomorrow." My eyebrows raise in confusion. "We couldn't wait to see you bubble." He walks over to me greeting me with a kiss on the cheek. The rest follow suit doing the same. Bella gives me a side hugs and settles at the foot of the bed while the rest stand. "What brings you guys here. Without a call." He glares at my brother's. I smack his chest playfully. "Baby, be nice." He gives me a tight lip smile but shuts up nevertheless. "Baby, what you guys are dating now?" Matteo scoffs. "I don't see how it's any of your business." Ace retorts back. "Alright, Alright settle down boys." I roll my eyes at them. "Sooo, How are you feeling?" Bella asked breaking the tension. "A whole lot better my wrist a little flexible my back and shoulder are all healed up. My ribs seem to be almost healed up. It's just my leg and arm they're healing super slow." I tell her with a small smile. "Don't worry about it your going to be as good as new in a few weeks." She assures me.

"Bubble we need to talk." I look at Josh his got a serious look on his face. "About what?" I ask. His eyes move to Ace like their having a silent argument. O-kay. I'm I missing something here. "Are you guys done staring at each other?" I ask them with a raised eyebrow. They break contact looking away. "Why don't you tell her first." Josh tells him. "No you tell her." He insists. "Okay, what the hell is going on here." I ask equally irritated and annoyed. "Starting from today you'll be living with us again." Dante speaks up. I feel my eyebrows raise in confusion. "What!" I look at Ace for an explanation. "Baby-" He starts but I cut him off. "Since when do you decide to make decisions about my life without my consent and last time I fucking checked you said we weren't  supposed to be keeping things from each other. if it's a way to get back at me congrats it's working." I fume turning away from him. I'm angry they decided to do things behind my back like I'm incapable of thinking or making decisions on my own. "Heather don't blame Ace." Bella says. I look at everyone in the room and realisation hits me. "You all knew didn't you." They avoid my gaze. I laugh surprised. "Unbelievable."

"Bubble I-" Josh starts but I raise my hand to stop him. "Don't Bear, just don't." I stop him. "So, why exactly did you all decide I should go back and stay with you guys?" I ask looking at them. "Well we thought it's best since your accident. Your not safe here if they were able to keep delivering those gifts without being seen. Meaning they can easily come into the house and do worse." Matteo explains. I know everything their saying is logical but I can't get past the hurt. Ever since the accident I feel like they keep doing this things behind my back without even thinking about telling me. It's my life don't I get a say on what happens to me literally. Did I hurt Ace so much he'd want to send me away. "Doll I didn't mean to hide this away from you but I'm just trying to look out for you I don't want this to repeat itself." He says slowly. I look up at him and I know his being honest with me. " Are you sure this isn't about you thinking I don't trust you enough." I asked. "What? No Doll, I told you that's water under the bridge. We've moved passed that." I Comprehend what he just said. "I'm sorry for cussing at you I just felt like you didn't want to be around me anymore. I still feel so guilty about what happened." I confess feeling ashamed. "What? Doll why would you think that?" I lower my gaze not able to respond. He tilts my chin till I meet his gaze. "Doll I'll always want to be close to you no matter what. Your stuck with me for the rest of your life. I just want you to be safe as much as I didn't want you to go I knew for the better of your safety that you had too. Being with your siblings will be better because I know for sure they will be someone with you 24/7 so it doesn't give them a chance to do anything to you. I'm sorry I should- no we should have asked you first but we just thought we're doing what's best for you. And you don't have to feel guilty about what happened. We can't change the past Baby, I swear I trust you." He adds. His voice cracking at the end. How can I be so selfish and not see that this must have been a hard decision to make. I fully look at him and all I see is hurt and defeat written all over his face. "I promise to come see you everyday and I promise you that when all this cools down you will be back here by my side for the rest of your life." I laugh getting all teary. "You promise." I ask. "I promise." I sniff trying to hold back my tears. Our moment gets ruined by the sound of my phone. I get it from under the covers to see who it is. I open the text and my heart drops. God will this ever end.

I hope you enjoy
Don't forget to
Vote
Comment💖💖💖💖💖💖💖