CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX

I'M SORRY

I slowly wake up staring up at the ceiling. I look around the white room and see no one here. I slowly try to sit up straight but the pain overwhelming my body restricts me. I look down at the colors of the bruises and bandages that are marinating my body making my skin look horrible. I can't breathe properly because of my ribs, everything hurts I can't even move my left arm because it's broken held by a sling and my right wrist hurts at any slight movement don't get me started on my shoulder,neck and back or why I can't move my right leg. My head hurts so bad. I sigh facing the window. After what felt like forever I hear the door open I turn expecting to see Ace but a worried looking Matteo and Trent Walk through. I'm shocked I was not expecting them to come see me at all. Now I'm starting to realize it's all in my head. "What are you guys doing here?" I asked my voice coming out a bit hoarse due to my dry throat. With a shaky hand I try to get the glass of water that's beside my bed but I fail to hold it due to the pain I let go waiting for it to hit the floor but a hand holds it. I follow the arm staring at it's owner. "Let me help you." Matteo slowly puts the cup to my lips I take small sips leaning back in content. " Thank you." I whisper at him he nods giving me a small smile. "Where's everyone?" I asked looking at Matteo. "They all went to freshen up and rest a little. We had to physically force Ace to go. He was reluctant because no one would remain with you so we volunteered to watch over you Incase you woke up and needed something." Trent says. I nod staring at my sprained wrist that's put in a brace. A minute of silence passes through till Trent breaks it. "How are you feeling?" I look at both them and they stare back at me with pure concern filled in their eyes. So I turn against snapping at them and tell them the truth. "Hurt,scared and really confused." I whisper. "I don't know whose out to get me it's really terrifying I don't even know what I did to them in the first place." I add. Trent moves forward standing right next to his brother. "You can sit if you want, you don't have to stand." They're a bit hesitant at first but they do as I say. Matteo pulls the only chair in the room Trent timidly sits at the foot of the bed carefully not touching my broken leg. "I'm really sorry this happened to you heather it's all our fault if we never hurt you in the first place then maybe you wouldn't have ran away from us and this certainly wouldn't have happened." Matteo says with a distressed look on his face.

I don't know what to say I know I hated them for what they did. But I don't blame them for what's happening to me now. "Guys don't say that none of this is any of your fault." I tell them but they bow their heads in shame. I open my mouth about to say something the door opens stopping whatever I was about to say. All my siblings walk in. Oh. When they see me staring back at them. Bella screams rushing to hug me. She sits at the left side of the bed putting my hand on her lap carefully resting her head on my shoulder without putting any much pressure on it. I feel wetness on my shoulder her sobs feeling the room. Uhmmm . " I thought you were dead." She hiccups in between sobs. I look at the rest of them and I see tears glistening in their eyes too. Josh' tears are all ready running down his cheeks. "It's okay I'm here now." I whisper in her ear. "Yeah, Thank God." She moves from my shoulder staring into my eyes all teary and puffy. "You scared us a little bubble." Josh speaks up his voice cracking a little. "Worse when you couldn't wake up." Bella says." How long was I out." I ask. "Three days." Trent's tells me. My eyes widen at what I just heard. Three days Jesus Christ. "Wow." I breath out.

"I'm glad your okay." Josh smiles down at me. Carefully placing a small kiss on my cheek. "Do you want anything?" He asked. "Could you move my pillow a little." He nods holding my head moving the pillow up a little. I move my neck a bit but wince it still hurt at any slight movement. He moves sitting at the other side of the bed. While the rest stand at the foot of bed. Dante,Mason and Case still haven't said anything they keep staring at me with sadness in their eyes. As much as I would hate to admit it I can see that they clearly care about me even if their five years late I can see they want to be here now. " Have you guys even left for more than two hours." I ask josh. He shakes his head." We've all pretty much spent the last three days here taking turns. We only go home to shower and rest for an hour or so we've been eating here too." I look at him shocked. "You know you don't have to do that you can all go home and rest I'll still be here when you get back." I tell them feeling guilty. I don't think anyone has gotten much needed sleep they've been deprived of all that because of me. "Your all that matters." Dante speaks up for the first time since he got here. "You guys need to stop blaming yourselves." I blurt out. "What are you talking about bubble." Josh asked. "Why you don't you ask Matteo and Trent." He looks at them. "This is all our fault josh if we never did what we did to her we wouldn't be here now." He looks down. "His right." Dante agrees. "We're so sorry heather especially me I'm the eldest I shouldn't have ignored you like that it wasn't your fault I should have tried. we" He points at the guys. "We should've all tried like josh." He smiles looking at josh. "I'm so jealous at how much love you show him." Mason blurts out. We all look at him. "I'm sorry I blamed you. I was young and so stupid I know it shouldn't even be a reason. I just want you to know that I regret everything." Case speaks up before I can. "I'm sorry I never spoke up when you got humiliated or insulted or spoken about in any wrong way." He says really remorseful. "I shouldn't have threatened you or even pushed you or hate you in the first place. I let all that hate cloud my judgement completely ignoring what was right in front of me and that was how amazing you are with that beautiful heart of yours that you put in our hands and I hurt it so much. I don't deserve your forgiveness nor do I expect you to. But I just want you to know how truly sorry I am Heather." He smiles but his eyes don't reach it. "I regret the day I chased you out of the car and the way I talked to you or how I welcomed you and the way I talked about you with my friends. I shouldn't have blamed you for Dad's sins I should have known better. It hurts me so much. Everytime I close my eyes and see the letter you left on the counter waiting for me to read. I was one of the first people that saw it." I look at him surprised. "I'm truly sorry Heather you got attacked because of us I don't know how I'll ever forgive myself for that. I don't think I ever will and you know what I fully deserve it. I just want you to know how sorry I am." Trent says softly.

It hurts to see how everything that happened five years ago is still affecting everyone. I'm as bad as they are. I had so much hatred towards them. I didn't even stop to think about how they felt, What they did was not good and it still hurts. Some part of me will never ever really be over it. But that doesn't mean it has to stay that way. I take a long deep breath before speaking. "I'm not going to lie what you did hurt alot and I'm not sure it's ever going to stop." They look at me with pure devastation. "But that doesn't mean we can't at least try to move on. If you truly mean it then I'm willing to rebuild some relationship with you." I tell them. They pause for a minute not believing what they just heard. "Really?" Mason asked. I nod slowly Dante slowly steps forward Bella moves aside to make space for him. He leans forward pressing a small kiss on my forehead. His not able to move me because of my neck,back and head. This is the first time his ever come this close to me and it feels great. I lift left my hand putting it on top of his ignoring the pain that shoots through my wrist. "Thank you, So much my babygirl." He whispers softly. It's the first step to a
fresh start.I'm so happy I finally have my family back.

It's a bit long today I think it was time she forgives her siblings I hope you like how it played out.
I'll be working on the next chapter after this.
Don't forget to
Vote
Comment

Byyyeeeeeee 👋👋👋👋❤️❤️