Chapter 46

Sage

"What is wrong with you!!" I yelled as I held Azriel's hand mid way before he could slap Sabrina.

It's been an everyday occurrence. They fight so much, like he just can't tolerate her. That night when I sent Sabrina to Charlie, I thought I took his aggression and I did that too, atleast for that moment. He was calm then but it was short-lived.

It's been a week and everyday there is a new tantrum going on. Either he doesn't come home and if he does he just fights with everyone. What is going on that he is so exasperated. I have never seen him loosing his patience like this. Everyday he is getting off on something or the other. He is angry at everyone and everything. Even at me also. He got pissed off on a mere ink spot on his shirt that I missed while doing his laundry yesterday. He never yelled at me for bad food or bad laundry but last night he slapped me. But hitting me is one thing, he do this since day one, he exercise this right on me since before he even knew my name. But he never hits Sabrina but today he lost his control. What is going on in his mind.

"Sabrina, go to your room" I said to the timid girl hiding behind me holding my hand. "Sage, don't get into this." He said. "Sabrina, go" I told her and she ran and bang her door shut. We could hear her cries outside too. I turned to Carlos and Dan. "Carlos you too" I said and he left nodding. I let out a sigh that turned into a yelp as he pulled my elbow harshly turning me to him. "I told you to not get into it, then why did you not back off" he said with gritted teeth. I looked at him and his eyes were red due to his rage. "What were you doing? You were going to raise your hand on her! What is wrong-" "Yes because she is stubborn, arrogant and bratty. She just doesn't listen. She was supposed to go to her gynecologist today, and you-you are standing here telling me what is wrong with me. You were supposed to get her ready and send her. What the fuck were doing, huh?" He yelled at me. "I did. I did get her ready. Dan took her to gynecologist at the time you said" I looked at Dan because he picked her up from here.

"No Gorgeous, she dodged me"

"What? Dodged you, what's that supposed to mean?" "I did took her to the hospital but then she left saying that she needs to use the loo and well she ran from there. I found her with Charlie later." "What? But why would she do that?" "Because she is a fucking hot heated brat" said Azriel turning around with his hands on his waist. "She says she fed up of these tests and she think Azriel should take some now instead of blaming her for not getting pregnant" Dan told. "Again, why you guys fight on this same thing again and again. It's not her fault and you know it, why are you-" "Because I need to be the Don, you are the reason that's not happening." He said charging at me. I gasped as he grabbed my throat to bring me closer "Why you couldn't save my child? Why you lost my child? Why?" He said in so much anger. I saw Dan trying to pull him away but his hold was too strong to leave me. I brought my shivering hands to his face and I saw a teardrop fall from his eyes. He left me in an instant and turned around. Was he? He is crying? What has he gone through? How much was he hurt?

I reached him and he jerked my hand off his shoulder and went outside. I went after him but he shut the door in my face.

"What has happened?" I asked to Dan.

"Gorgeous I know he went overboard with you-" "Don't, don't give me that. Tell me what has happened in this last week that he is so angry." I asked him directly because I know Azriel will never tell me.

"Matteo got Eve's signature on the divorce papers. They are separated legally he got married to some girl same day and now Shadow is loosing his shit that he will loose this war again" he explained sitting on the couch. Ofcourse he is in a shitty mood but taking it out on Sabrina. I mean what's that. How stupid is that?