Purpose - Crosshair x Reckless!Reader

Purpose
"Don't be stupid." Crosshair grumbled through the comms, sniping at some targets that surrounded your hidden position. You had both been assigned to grab a crate of supplies with no idea it was guarded by a ton of absolute idiotic droids. As idiotic as they were - their firepower was intense and they definitely outgunned you both. "Just get out of there! Screw the crate!" His voice was persistent through your helmet as you sighed a little, knowing you weren't going to listen to him regardless.

"We need to complete our mission, Cross." You replied, grabbing your gun and holding it tightly against you - "I'll grab the crate just give me some cover please." With that, you had compromised your position and begin to take shots at the droids that surround you. Bullets flew past at a rapid rate, a couple colliding with your armour but nothing you couldn't handle. Your legs began to move as you took a couple of droids down that blocked your path, Crosshair shooting down more that threatened you or turned your way. Grabbing the crate, you activated its levitation and began to push it forward all whilst shooting the remaining droids and running out of the situation that you got yourself into. They began to follow though which was a little annoying as you couldn't compromise your brothers positions either. With a breath, you chose to use the crate as cover - hiding behind it and taking more shots to take out what you could.

"You need to get out of there before they get reinforcements." His voice reminded you of the passing time that grew less and less each moment. Your heart was racing but you can't deny that you finally felt alive! Adrenaline was pumping through your veins, your smile was undeniable as you shot your blaster and took down some more droids. This wasn't reckless, this was a well planned out way to feel alive for you but you didn't realize they'd send Crosshair with you. Sighing to yourself, you allowed your mind to begin to race a little. You should probably wrap this up soon, you didn't want Cross to get hurt because of this. Standing, you shot out the rest of the current droids and threw a grenade to prevent any further droids seeing you run away with Crosshair.

"Let's go." Cross stood from his position above the area and began to sprint your way, taking a few stray shots at the oncoming droids in the distance which was pretty impressive as he took some out as per usual. Finally reaching the Havoc, you ran inside to see Hunter and Tech manning the attack shuttle. "Fly, quickly now - they've got reinforcements." Cross shortly followed, joining you in the cockpit as the Havoc took off leaving you both panting for breath before he glared at you.

"What on stars were you thinking?" Crosshair exclaimed, growling a little with his words as he placed a toothpick between his lips. "You could have gotten yourself killed." You rolled your eyes, crossing your arms and glaring toward him.

"Killed? So what! I didn't die!" Hunter began to walk toward you both, eyes narrowing. "I felt alive!"

"There was a close call?" Hunter directed his question toward Crosshair who just nodded in response, turning back toward you with a frown. "Why didn't you call for help? We could have assisted you both." You rolled your eyes a little, shuffling in your spot as Echo and Wrecker walked in.

"It wasn't even that bad!" You tried to stand up for yourself even though they were right and only concerned about your safety but still, you needed that and you weren't so sure why.

"Woah woah what happened?" Echo chimed in, placing a gentle hand onto your shoulder and sharing a smile with you. His priority was always to make you happy and it always usually worked.

"Y/n nearly got themselves killed." Echo's previous smile turned into a light frown, his hand softly tightening on your shoulder in a reassuring way.

"Hey, is that true?" Sighing a little, you listened to the hum of the engines with your hand gently rubbing across your arm for another source of comfort. In all honesty you had planned to go alone just to have a little fun. Things didn't work out as planned as usual for you, they never seemed to.

"Look, it was just a little fun! I planned to go alone anyway and we got the supplies!" You gesture rather dramatically toward the supply crate before sitting down in one of the chairs, staring at the stars that glistened and shon before you. The others began to discuss the mission and the contents of the supply crate among themselves until Crosshair came and sat in one of the chairs beside you.

"Look, y/n, we worry about you. Even I do too." He turned away as he spoke, chewing on his toothpick with a nervous energy you certainly weren't used to. "You can't keep doing reckless things like you used to, seeing how close you can get to being killed." Without realising you winced a little, putting your head in your hands at his comment. He knew what you were doing, huh?

"I can't help it." Your muffled voice replied, the silence growing thick between your words. "I've just always done that before I met you guys. It's a really hard habit to break - it was the only way to feel alive." Crosshair just nodded, leaning back in his chair as he finally turned to face you.

"I understand. But we can make you feel alive through our missions too but as a team alright? You need to survive with us now, we can't work without you." He smiled a little toward you, sitting back up and placing his hand gently against your leg. "You're our purpose to carry on." He drew in a little breath before whispering, "You're my purpose." You smiled a little at his words, gently hugging him which definitely caught him by surprise but nevertheless, he hugged you back.

"I'm sorry I was so reckless, it won't happen again." He held on a little tighter, "You're my purpose too, Cross."