One, two, three - Tech x Gn!Reader

Plot: Tech protects the reader from a storm that they're terrified of. 

Warnings: Thunder, fear, descriptions of anxiety and a panic attack. Fluff accompanies it! 

One, two, three.

You were currently lounging aboard the Havoc Marauder, swinging in the co-pilot seat as Tech lay beside you fiddling beneath the control panel. These were the afternoons you were used to, some of the batch scattered around the ship whilst others went out for supplies. You and Tech currently remain on the ship, occasionally handing him the necessary tools to complete his job. 

"What's something you're scared of?" You aimlessly asked, spinning a little in the chair leaning back whilst occasionally gazing over in Tech's direction. 

"Scared of?" He responded, placing his hand out for the next tool he required. Once you placed it into his hand and he began to work again, he spoke. "I suppose in any circumstance I'd be afraid of losing my brothers and you." Smiling lightly at his answer you cuddled back up on the chair humming at his response. "Why do you ask?" 

"No reason, just a little bored and curious." He chuckled at your answer, finally completing his task and sitting up to face you. 

"Well I think this is the most entertaining activity but each to their own interests I suppose." He stood and brushed his hands against one another to brush any dust off of them. "May I return the question?" Nodding softly you began to think, 

"I get really scared of storms." He tilted his head, grabbing his datapad in his hands and returning to the seat before the main controls. "They're terrifying don't you think?" He shook his head, ensuring all the systems were online on the attack shuttle. 

"No, I don't think that." You mustered a simple 'ah' as his blunt answer responded. "Only because I was created on a planet with constant storms, I grew used to it and to find comfort in them." He took a gentle breath in, examining your expression. "But I understand why many may be afraid of them, they're sudden and can spark anxiety." 

Before you could reply, Hunter and Echo walked in with a crate of supplies, placing it down in the cockpit. 

"Here we go, everything we need." With a smile you got out of the chair, giving each of them a warm hug before opening it. 

"You boys go and relax, I've got this!" They nodded and both ruffled your hair as you carried the various supplies to their locations, sorting through them and finally reaching the fuel. Lifting it up, you turned to Tech who still remained seated in the pilot's chair. "Hey Tech? Should I fuel up now or keep it stored?" He moved to face your voice, gazing down at his data pad before moving to view the controls. 

"The Marauder could do with some fuel now, this will do nicely." He paused as he stood, walking over to you. "I'll help you fuel it." Nodding you soon followed after him, walking down the ramp and allowing your eyes to roll over the scenery. Darker clouds rolled over the sky, the various loads of nature shaking against the wind that began to kick up the dust against the floor. "Okay, here. Place the fuel against this and it should do it manually." With a soft nod, you did as instructed and allowed the fuel to roll into the ship, fuelling its systems for the next chaotic missions to come. 

"Thanks Tech!" You spoke as you removed the empty fuel canister with him shutting the area closed and checking his datapad with a satisfactory nod. 

"Not a problem, we should return to the ship and signal for the others to return - it's getting rather dark." Once he activated his comm system, he spoke into it signalling for Crosshair and Wrecker to return to the ship - none of the bad batch had a clue what could happen on this planet as this was the first time you had all stopped here for supplies. He gently gestured toward the ship, a soft smile against his lips. "Come, let's get in." You followed his instructions and returned into the ship with Tech closely behind you as you put away the crate that you all had used. Crosshair and Wrecker had soon followed, Wrecker being the first to greet everybody and picking you up into a hug which you always adored. He was always so warm and kind, something you definitely needed a lot of the time. You were known to be anxious, Tech knew the details of your anxiety but it never got into your way of missions which was good. But even if it did, Tech assured you he would always be there to help which in all honesty gave you a great amount of comfort.