Forgetful Love - Tech x Gn!Reader

Forgetful Love

You allowed yourself to wander around the new planet you had all stopped on for fuel, the surrounding views were beyond gorgeous. Soft swirls of vibrant colours lurked within groups, similar to flowers on your home planet. Your eyes lit up as you reached out and allowed your fingertips to ever so gently run across their soft vines and petals. You soon walked behind you, smiling lightly at the curiosity and wonder that laid freely upon your face.

"Do you like these?" His voice piped up as he scanned his datapad across the plant, typing away at these findings. Tilting your head to the side, you watched how they ruffled within the wind, changing from a Mossy green to a mixture of oceanic blues and violet purples.

"I do!" Softly touching the plant again, you hummed lightly at their gentle texture. "What are they?" In all honesty, Tech loved how many questions you asked- it always kept him on his toes and gave him the chance to furtherly expand his knowledge if that was even possible. In turn, you adored his rants and the large and vast amounts of information that he responded to your questions. Everything was always so fascinating with him around, and he thought the same way about you.

"These are called Vistilios. They're a well-known plant on this planet and are divided into separate groups which are determined by what colours they expose." Lightly Crouching beside Tech, you pointed to a small petal like wine that was coated in the shade of oceanic tones.

"What group are these a part of, love?" He smiled widely at your happy and intrigued expression that you wore with his information. Taking a quick photo of the plants, his eyes met your own.

"Those are a part of the Mespha group which are verging in deep greens, blues and purple tones. Many people eat them too, they hold healing properties and hold ties with the religion here." A light kiss was placed against your cheek as you continued to fiddle with the vines before you, finding the whole process very relaxing.

"They're beautiful." You smiled, facing him after his short cheek kiss came to an end to view the light smile across his face which to you was entirely more beautiful than these plants.

"They appear to take after you in their beauty." At his words, your cheeks began to heat up as he stood, his gloved hand reaching down to you. "Come, I can show you some more of the planet's beauty which, may I add, has rapidly increased upon your arrival here." His words always left you absolutely stunned but that was one of the peeles of dating Tech.

Taking his hand you stood beside him wandering along the stoned path that led you both to a variety of plants, many overhanging and covering the rose-pink sky. Gently walking forward, you pulled him toward a beautiful yellow flower that stood tall among its siblings.

"What's this one?" Taking a photo, he began to note any information he had on the plant, smiling at your question.

"This one's a stunning Rolayah, pretty- aren't they?" Nodding lightly you turned toward the millions of smaller ones that stood proudly against the black strands of what appeared to be grass. "These are incredible flowers, they range in height but the smaller ones can be picked and used for display - the petals can be used for paint if crushed enough." With his words, you gently picked a smaller one, standing straight and placing it against his helmet where his ear would be. You adored the blush that coated against his cheeks, always adoring a flustered and speechless Tech.

"Due to their beauty, I believe they belong with you then." Without another wore, his lips connected with your own in a light yet loving kiss.

"Thank you, Meshla - I shall treasure this forever." Laughing lightly at his words, your eyes met with beautiful blue and purple toned vines that were similar to petals. Waking over, you continued to hold Tech's hand as you viewed the wonderful plant.

"What are they?" You asked, crouching and allowing your fingertips to grace over the top of them. Tech chuckled lightly, crouching back beside you.

"You already asked about this my darling." Your hand moved to the back of your neck, a little embarrassed. You were so used to getting scolded for your memory but Tech was always so patient and loving with you, never once raising his voice. This was a part of you and he loved everything about you, your memory was no exception.

"Oh... Sorry Tech - I didn't mean to forget." His fingertips met your skin, moving a strand of hair away from your eyes.

"I don't mind at all, I love talking to you about everything." He took a gentle breath inwards, sitting you both on the floor to get a better view of the plants your mind was so intrigued by.

"These are known as Vistilios, they're divided into groups and this particular one is a part of the Mespha group due to their colours. They also have some healing properties which I've always been intrigued by." Smiling up at him, you couldn't help but hug him against his armour - Tech swiftly wrapping his arms around you in turn.

"Shall we take some home? Just in case?" He chuckled lightly, removing his helmet again to share another kiss with you.

"I think that's a brilliant idea, y/n." Slumming lightly, you picked a handful and placed them within the bag you had with you, standing back up with Tech. "Come on, cyar'ika. We better return to the Havoc Marauder, the others would have returned by now."

Upon returning to the attack shuttle, the day continued as normal beside a slight change that made your heart swell. Where you had placed the flower upon Tech's helmet laid a dash of yellow paint from the flower, his secret project being revealed. He chuckled lightly once your gaze caught it,

"To remember today by, my forgetful love."