A Lifetime With You - Imperial!Crosshair x Fem!Reader

A lifetime with you
"You're their brother, Crosshair." Omega paused for a second, gazing over at him with a lost and saddened look against her eyes. "You're my brother too." With that, she walked into the attack shuttle with the rest of their brothers - leaving a pained Crosshair to stand in silence, arms folded and eyes glazed over with tears. They left him, they actually left him alone here. Couldn't they see he was hesitant to stay? He wanted to go with them, if they had asked again maybe he would have caved in. The waters around you both were calm, the hum of the Havoc Marauder becoming silent as it flew further into the distance. You were both alone now, heavy black smoke painting the light blue sky in the distance being the only knowledge of it just being you two stood before what used to be your home. Both of you used to be a part of the Bad Batch and the number one rule you had all agreed on years ago was to never leave another behind. So, when Crosshair stayed behind with the Empire, so did you. You were best friends and you still closely followed the rule of never leaving each other behind. They left you though and they left Crosshair fighting back pained tears.
"I'm here." You reminded him, gently walking up to him whilst attempting a small smile. "I won't ever leave you, Cross." As those words left your mouth, Crosshair wrapped his arms around you and began to cry- his grip against you tightening. You'd never seen him cry throughout all the years of knowing him and growing close with him, so this was certainly new. Softly rubbing his back, you held him as the sobs shook his body. "It's going to be alright, I'm with you." You continued reassuring him with your gentle words and eventually his crying came to a halt, his grip loosening against you.
"Thank you." He spoke, words soft as he coughed to recompose himself. "But please don't leave me too." You nodded, holding his hand in your own gently rubbing your thumb across his knuckles.
"I promise you." Your smile seemed to ground him as he chuckled a little, reaching to his comm upon his arm and requesting a ship. "What now though?" He signed a little as he received confirmation that a ship was on its way to pick you both up and return you to the Empire.
"We continue to work for the Empire I suppose." A new engine filled hom covered the silence as the ship arrived and landed for you both to get on. Once you did so, you sat beside Cross as it took back off with you both within it, heading toward your assigned star destroyer. Through the window, you both watched as Kamino grew further and further away - your home and memories being destroyed with the smoke piling into the rare blue skies. This was your life now, it's you and Crosshair against the world with the Empire and that's exactly how you thought it would stay.

A year had passed and you and Crosshair were as close as ever, commanding a shared imperial squad together fulfilling orders and living your lives the way fate had spoken and decided it to be.
"Commander y/n, I believe you have a hologram call awaiting for you." Your attention turned toward the general as she spoke, "I have sent the signal to your quarters so I suggest you hurry and answer it." With a quick salute and nod you turned away and rushed along to Your quarters where Crosshair was sitting, cleaning off his rifle with pride.
"What's up, doll?" He asked which made you chuckle, his nickname for you definitely growing on you. Rolling your eyes in a rather playful manner, you activated the hologram and sat beside Crosshair to watch the message which was left for you.
"Y/n," A familiar face appeared, an old family member who helped to raise you as a child. The memories were faded but you couldn't help the warm feeling that filled your heart at them saying your name. "I come with unfortunate news. Your old relative has passed away and they've referred the entire inheritance your way." You felt Crosshair grip your leg reassuringly, placing his rifle to the side, ensuring that he was giving you his full attention. "I hope the credits help you within this time of sorrow." With that, the message abruptly ended, leaving you to sigh and place it upon the table nearby.
"I'm sorry for your loss." Crosshairs voice was gentle and soothing as you pulled your datapad from the side and least against him.
"It's alright Cross, I wasn't that close with them anyway." You Smiled up at him before typing into the datapad, trying to find out the amount of credits that were left for you. "My loyalty and love belongs with you, nobody else. You are my family." He smiled at your words as he held you against his side a little taken aback by your gasp. "Cross, we're rich." He peaked over your shoulder only to cough at the large number being displayed against the screen.

"Twenty-million Credits?" He shouted, causing you to cover his mouth in a slight panic, laughing a little at his shocked tone. "Your family is rich?" His voice was muffled until you moved your hand away.
"No - well apparently yes but I had no idea!" You grinned as a million thoughts rushed through your mind. "Do you have any idea what we could do with these credits?" Your smile grew as you stood, pulling Crosshair up as you hugged him. "We could buy our own ship and we could buy a home on any planet we want... We'd be rolling in credits Cross, we can leave the Empire and work for ourselves for once!" Crosshair held you against him as he thought about it. A lifetime with you, your own ship and your own missions? He'd be crazy to pass that up.
"Alright," He replied with that infamous smirk of his laying against his lips. "I think I could get used to that." Crosshair chuckled at your excited expression, "Are you sure you want to do this with me though?"
"Cross, there isn't anybody else in the galaxy I'd rather spend my life with." He just smiled in return as you grabbed your armour helmet, passing his own to him. "Are you sure you want to leave this all behind?"
"I'm certain." Came his quick reply as he put his helmet on and packed any personal belongings as you did the same. Once you were both prepared, you shared a final goodbye with your quarters and set off to the hangers. Stealing a ship from the Empire was a pretty simple task, and once you were in the grasps of space Your new lives could finally begin.

Another few months had passed, you owned your own large Ship with Crosshair, had a gorgeous home on Naboo and took whatever missions you both wanted and whenever you wanted. You were both currently taking the newly familiar sights of the glamorous waterfalls which were surrounded by Enchanted Eeaden toned grass. Softly stepping against the gentle feeling of it, you allowed the wind to push against you Spraying you with the water from the waterfall before you. Crosshair was currently watching you with a smile, a toothpick against his lips. Without a second thought, he walked up to you and held you so you didn't fall away from him.
"Dinner tonight with me, and that's an order." You couldn't help but laugh at him. Now that you were both rolling in credits, he seemed way more relaxed and spoiled you whenever he could.
"You want dinner with me?" You grinned, his hands softly holding your waist, your dress swaying gently against the wind.
"Y/n, I want a lifetime with you - this is just a part of it."