Runes - The Bad Batch x ForceSensitive!Reader

Runes

Taking a breath inwards, you shut your eyes and allowed the familiar feeling of the force to greet you once again. You had been born force sensitive but no jedi or other force sensitive users had been known in your family, you were the force and you were no Jedi. Order 66 had occurred decades ago and you were yet to bump into a Jedi who would reach you their ways.  You didn't mind though, you had a new family and each of you were unique in your own ways, enhancements or not. This family are known as The Bad Batch and you adore every single one of them just like they adore you.

"Are you still watching me, Tech?" Opening your eyes, you allowed the rocks that were floating around you via the force to fall upon the grassy floor. Tech had sat opposite you, watching intently with his usual serious expression.

"Ah yes, don't mind me." Rolling your eyes lightly he began to type into his datapad quickly before his eyes met your own, "Your abilities are absolutely fascinating y/n." 

"Still? After all of these years?" You replied, dusting off your robes that were coated with dust. He simply nodded, standing with you and showing you the data that he had been so intent on capturing.

"Your skills have been strengthening rapidly without any professional training." You had no idea what the data ment so you just shrugged in return walking toward the others who had set up a small camp.

"I'm just friends with it I suppose." Taking a breath in you smiled, hearing its usual high hum. "I talk to it and it sings this beautiful tune in return!" Tech stopped and rapidly typed in your words into his beloved datapad. Finally reaching the small camp Echo had greeted you with a light hug. 

"Hey kid!" He beaned which made you laugh and wave, a nickname he had used forever but it never grew old. "You alright? Tech annoying you again?" Grinning softly you just shook your head,

"Nah it's okay, he's just like an excited Loth cat." Chuckling at your response he walked toward Wrecker who held two large logs upon his shoulders. Moving your hands gently, you allowed the force to hold them and bring them softly to the floor, Positioning them around the area Hunter had prepared for the fire.

"Thanks, y/n!" Wrecker laughed, messing up your hair as he walked past you with a big smile upon your face. This was your only time to have a break, and this was a perfect plan for you all to be able to let off some steam. Having a break between constant missions and blaster fire did feel strange, but it was the perfect chance for you to finally strengthen your connection with the force and beliefs you held. 

"What now?" You asked, turning toward Hunter who had walked back off the ship that stood before the small campsite all whilst fiddling with his knife.

"Suppose we do whatever we want, it's our break so no more missions for two or so days." His eyes met Crosshair who was quietly tending to his Firepuncher rifle, focused on Cleaning it as per usual. "Try to do what you enjoy and use this time to do something new, unlike Cross over here." You laughed a little before nodding a little, ideas floating around in your mind.

"Well I'm off then! I know exactly what to do." Hunter just laughed and nodded, waring as you wondered where the trees lined the ground.

"Be back by nightfall!" Echo's voice called after you which just brought a smile to your face. 

 Wandering past the trees, Jour fingertips brushed past the rough texture that coated them whilst the wind ran through the deep elven green leaves that clung to the branches. Allowing yourself to walk further, you felt the force pulling you toward the sound of rushing water - a light hum of its song guiding you toward it.  Waking up, you crouched beside the stream which was accompanied by a Strong rush of water - a waterfall Tech said it was called. Dipping your hands into the cool rush, you enjoyed the sounds it made and the calming feeling it gave out. Chuckling you turned behind you, seeing Hunter walking to you.

"I hope you don't mind me joining you? Everybody's doing the usual, I really wanted to do something new." Smiling at his words, you Stood and stepped into the Stream with a shiver rushing up your spine.

"You've come to the right place then!" He laughed at your enthusiasm whilst your hand reached out for his own, "Come on, this is fun!" 

"What are you exactly doing?" He asked, stepping beside you and feeling the same prominent shiver.

"I'm not sure - the force took me here." You paused for a moment, kicking your feet against the water before your eyes fell upon six smaller stones along the stream. "I wanted to make a gift for you all and I have an idea now!" Tilting his head he crouched beside you as you grabbed the stones, stepping out of the river and listening to the force to guide you to the next Step. "Come on!" Pulling him behind you, the sound of the water grew distant as you both arrived at a patch of flowers.

"What are these?" He asked, panting a little at the sudden run.

"These are Ryolahs, you can paint with these." Humming softly he sat beside you as you picked some petals and began crushing them in your hand.

"How did you find out?" Hunter watched you, enjoying Your curious mind. You had never really had the time to have fun or just be curious Or Craft, you were always busy in battle and winning.

"Tech taught me!" Once the flower petals turned into yellow paint against your hand, you used a finger to paint a symbol against one of the stones you took.

"What does that mean?" You couldn't help but laugh at his constant questions, blowing against the paint and passing him the stone once the paint had dried.

"This ones for you! The rune means leadership - a warrior and authority, I think is perfect for you." He held it in his head, fingertips running across the surface. "I'm making them like protection charms for battle, keep it with you okay?" Before you began on the next ones, he pulled you into a hug. 

"Thank you y/n - you're amazing." 

You continued to paint each one with passion, whispering into the force a protection spell for each individual one. Echo had the rune for Protection and peace whilst Wrecker had the rune for Strength and reliability. Techs had the rune for knowledge and inspiration and Crosshair held the one that meant power and courage. Once returning to them all, you had passed them all their gifts and explained their meaning one by one. Each member was thrilled, even Crosshair as he pulled you into a hug. Upon your next battle you noticed their individual  runes upon their onmoor in black, the stones  hanging against their armour So it would always be with them.