Preface

"When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one that had opened for us." - Alexander Graham Bell

She was looking around with shy eyes, she had never wanted to have to go there but she had to, she had decided to study sociology, so now she had to sit at that horrible place for a paper she had to write, the idea had been brilliant but now that she was sitting in the back of that little strip club she wanted to get up and leave. No, she couldn't; she ran a hand through her short blonde hair and decided she would just have to get it done.

There were a lot of men and almost no women in the club except for the employees of course, and herself. She was wearing jeans and an Asking Alexandria shirt; she thought no one would think she was one of the girls from the club, if anything, because of her running shoes, short hair and lack of make up in her face, the people around her would believe she was a lesbian. Because even she knew how people would tag others just based on looks, she had been asked a lot about this and she was actually angry because she was bisexual.

"Could I go to the back for a moment?" She asked one of the guards as she saw the little red curtain that led to the back where the girls would probably get changed. The tall man shook his head and stepped in front of the curtain as if to leave her out. "Well, thanks..." She said to the man, not scared of him, they were the same height although she was much less strong than him and knew absolutely nothing about throwing a punch.

"Why do you want to go back there?" An older girl asked her and she had to turn around to look at her as she played with the rings on her fingers. The girl who talked to her was wearing an incredibly short skirt and a tiny top that only just covered her chest.

"I'm writing a paper for college... I was only hoping you and your colleagues could help me out and answer some questions..."

"Well, I think there's nothing wrong with that." She put her hands on her hips and looked around before placing her slim arm over her shoulders. "She'll be coming with me." She turned to the guard and he stepped aside. "So what's your name, schoolgirl?"

"Eryn. I'm Eryn Fuller." She followed her into the back, pushing the curtain away, there was no music playing on that part of the small club.

There were a lot of hangers with tinny little clothes and wigs, she saw a couple of drags pass by and thought maybe there were all kinds of costumers in there...

Eryn talked to the voluptuous girls working in the club and scribbled down a couple of notes as she did so, then she stepped out and just when she was about to walk outside she saw a tall blonde pushed by a guy with dark hair pulled up into a sort of bun, there were also another two men following but they were only laughing at the other pair. The blonde stopped when he saw her and yelled something but thinking that it wasn't directed at her she kept walking thinking maybe he was talking to one of the dancers. He ran up to her and grabbed her arm making her stop.

"Izzy?" He asked her. She shook her head in confusion, barely being able to listen to his voice over the loud music; there was a speaker near them.

"Excuse me?" She yelled at him.

"It's me, Bill." He pointed at his chest; Eryn thought he was a drunken man.

"Yeah, nice to meet you, bye." She waved at him and got her arm released from the light grip on her arm. The blonde ran behind her and out of the club as he yelled for her to stop. "Hey! Stop it, okay? I don't know you and you don't know me, go in there and get your lap dance from any of those girls but leave me alone, mate!"

"Izzy, stop acting like you don't know me..."

"Mate, I really don't know you and I don't know any Izzy either, so just go away!" Eryn felt annoyed as Bill felt confused. She was blonde like her and tall, her eyes were also blue although there was something in those eyes that seemed weird to him. There was also the way she dressed, it seemed so not like Elizabeth, but her face was the exact same.