Chapter Eleven. The Shadow of My Doubt

// I actually tried with this one, I spell checked but... well, maybe there are still some mistakes! (Sorry about that!)

ENJOY! //

Gi had to pick up the phone, because she was so annoyed of Izzy pressing the red button to decline the call every time her iPhone started ringing.

"Don't!" Izzy said, but it was too late. Gi had already put the phone to her ear.

"Oh, yes she's right here but really unable to talk...no, she's fine... Of course...I'll let her know. Goodbye detective." The call was quick; she hung up and turned to look at the blonde.

"What did he want?" Izzy asked.

"Why won't you talk to him? He seems nice and he gave you quite a kiss the last time he was here... I wish I got kissed like that..." Gi thought out loud.

"I have a boyfriend and I don't need Bill in my life." Izzy said. "What did he want?"

"He wanted to talk to you and then he asked if you were alright and then he said that Captain Schafer wants to talk to you." Izzy nodded.

"Oh." The blonde managed to say.

"Izzy, what is it with you and this guy? Tell me, you know you can tell me." She said.

Izzy let out a sigh knowing that if Gi wanted to know she would find out one way or the other. And she preferred to be the person to tell her than having her asking questions around.

"He was the detective living next door when I was with Mark -the guy who kidnapped me." The whole family knew a version of the story, but since Gi's dad was Graham Collin's brother, she knew about the situation and how there had been one detective in particular that made sure to help her.

Elizabeth didn't know though, that there was even more that she didn't know but Gi did. She'd heard her parents talk about how Graham had had to call the detective and ask him to take a step back from the family, from his daughter. Gi understood now why he was so worried about her. He had been in love with her and he still was; Bill had left her because he had to, because even if he didn't know that it was the correct thing to do, her father had talked to him. But Elizabeth didn't understand that, as Gi didn't understand how much Bill reminded Izzy of the things she'd lived before...

"He's a fucking hero."" Gi said in all seriousness. "What are you doing with Philip?"

"I'm moving on." Izzy said almost mad. "And I don't want to talk about this anymore."

"Alright..." Gi showed her hands up in surrender. "No need to get all mad...bloody hell..."

"You know? Philip and I are going to see Arsenal play on Saturday; I still haven't learnt the names of the players..."

"Good luck, I hate football." Gi said and turned the volume of the TV up.

Izzy gave up on anymore conversation with Gi and went to her room instead, she closed the door and sat on her bed reading that file Bill had given her almost a month before. She read the name under the picture of that girl who looked so much like her. She noticed they had a few moles on opposite sides of the face. She pulled the picture out of the clip and went to the mirror, picking up her hair and staring at herself. She shook her head and kept reading the information about Eryn Fuller, finding a birth certificate along the other papers.

She picked up her car keys and ran out the door to go to her father's house and try to find anything about all this in her father's studio, where she knew she'd have to be able to find some papers at least.

Driving fast and storming into her home without making much conversation with Brenda, Izzy tried to hide her anxiousness as she walked quickly into the living room and turned to the left to her father's studio, without realizing her father was there until she was standing in front of his desk with him sitting behind it.