Chapter Seven. With a Little Help

// Please tell me someone is still reading this! I'm almost done writing so when I finish the story there will be updates everyday... (hopefully there will be people reading it too)

Thanks for reading, voting and leaving that precious comment!

ENJOY! //

Izzy woke up with a smile on her face as she turned to her side and pressed on the button on her clock so the alarm would go off. The previous night she had been talking and joking with Philip, he had kissed her pretty much at the end a little while before he left and she felt that rush of emotions in her chest when she remembered the way his lips brushed against hers very lightly, very innocently. She had felt like a teenager again, with the butterflies in her stomach and the blush in her cheeks, the shyness showing when looking at him after the short kiss.

Izzy showered quickly and got dressed to go to her father's office before continuing her day at the university. She ran downstairs greeting the personnel on her way to the dining room. Her father was already there, wearing his suit as always and drinking a cup of coffee while he read the newspaper. Izzy kissed her father's cheek and sat down across from him.

"Good morning dad." She said as Brenda entered the dining room and put a steaming cup of hot chocolate in front of her along with a little blueberry muffin. "Thanks." She smiled up at the housekeeper as she gave her a wink and left the room.

"You're welcome."

"So, I hear you're Philip's girlfriend." Her father said after Brenda was gone. Izzy nodded, unsure of how his father would react to this, since she hadn't been the one to tell him, when he left the previous night, her father hadn't gotten home. "He's a good young man." He said. "But you can't have him drive you everywhere."

"I don't have him driving me everywhere, dad, he offers most of the times." Izzy said before taking a bite of her muffin.

"Nonsenses! I got you a car; you know how to drive, right?" Izzy nodded. "The keys." Her father pulled the keys from his suit's pocket and put them on the table. "Use it well."

"I... dad, I don't need a car! You already spent so much on me, that place in the Netherlands was..."

"I got your brother the car he wanted when he was eighteen. I got you a car now. Take it." He smiled to his daughter only for a second, letting her know that the discussion was over and that this was another consolation award. For what exactly, she didn't know.

"Thanks daddy!" She stood up and hugged him as he was still sitting; she smiled at him as if she was actually thrilled after all. He gave her a few paths on the back and then got up and left.

"I'll see you in the office." He said.

Izzy sat down again in front of the muffin; she didn't want to eat anymore. She finished her hot chocolate and the muffin so Ash wouldn't take it personally that she didn't finish the food he had especially made for her.

She grabbed the keys and put away the spare one. When she stepped into the garage there was a shiny black BMW 218i, she had to trust dad was making up for something big because this car must have been very expensive, as she approached it and opened the door, being hit by the plastic smell of new car in the face she realized it was also a convertible.

"Dad, what have you done?" She wondered out loud as she took a couple of extra minutes to sit in front of the vast equipment. There were so many buttons that she didn't even know how to operate. She could see where the lights were turned on and where to turn the windscreen wipers on too.

Izzy turned the engine on and tried to stay calmed as she remembered her driving lessons.

***

Bill was sitting in front of the computer, he didn't know what to do, they had no leads once again and he was frustrated. He thought it was a compliment that Captain Schafer gave him and Georg the hardest cases but he also was so tired of it. He was always running after something he couldn't see clearly for weeks.