Chapter Nineteen. The Symmetry of Me and You

// So hello, before anything else remember: Izzy's father can't get her into doing anything.

Also, I hope you like Gabriella Cilmi, I like the lyrics of this song, so... you tell me, I know she has a weird kind of voice but...yeah, you listen to it and you tell me what you think. Please also tell me what you think of the story up to this point because I need to know if I should take it into a different direction than the one that I've already planned! A girl can have some doubts!

Now read! //

Izzy sat down with Benji to her feet; she was waiting for her father to finish his very important phone call. She had settled knowing that for the past four or five years there was always something more important than her for her father to worry about.

But she never knew he would ask her something like what he asked her to do that day.

"I can't..." She had stuttered but he glared at her. His eyes were cold as ever and his words severe as ever. "I'm not going to apologize to Phil, I'm done with him."

"I'm not asking you, but that lousy detective is out of the question; get rid of him, Elizabeth." Her father said. "Think about it. Parker would be an asset, what would he be?"

Izzy's eyes watered inevitably. She tried to stay calmed but her father was asking her to do something she just couldn't do without breaking the last healthy bit of her heart. She shook her head and pleaded but her father was clear.

"I'm only asking... you can still decline but don't expect to be a part of this family then." He said, as if she actually had a choice. Izzy had realized years ago that if her father wanted something, he'd get it. Only she was going to put a fight for once.

"Don't bring Bill into this." She said with tears already falling down her face. "Because he's the one who's been picking up the pieces while you're too busy having dinner with strangers!"

"Don't raise your voice at me, Elizabeth." Graham said. "You'll live here in the meantime, no more going to that station until you're back from Greece."

"Oh, how appropriate, you even got us a holiday!" She said bitterly, feeling like she had nothing else to loose when she picked up Benji and walked out of her father's studio. She would have to gather all her things from the flat to go back home. "But I'm not going to do it. You can yell at me all you want, but Bill is the only thing I'm not gonna give up on."

"I didn't raise you this way, come back here, Elizabeth!" Her father yelled after her. She turned around with the front door open and her dog in one arm.

"Dad don't be ridiculous, you didn't raise me!" She laughed bitterly. "I hope you haven't sent the invitations because I am not doing it."

"What has this man done to you so you get so defensive over him?!" Her father was completely furious.

"He loves me dad, and he shows it; that's what he has done." Izzy said calmly. "Not that you would know about love, if you knew, you wouldn't be asking me to do this..."

Izzy left her father's house to get to her flat where she found Gi on the floor, facing the ceiling with a book opened and covering her face.

"Izzy?" The girl mumbled. "I can't learn anything else, it's done...I'm done." She complained but got up when she didn't get Izzy's usual sweet encouraging words. "Hey, what happened to you?"

"Dad asked me to move back home." She said to Gi with tears in her eyes as she put the little white dog down.

Gi didn't ask her any questions but helped her fold her clothes so she could put them on the suitcases as she promised to pick up some of her stuff later before she left, making a stop in the station.