Chapter Twenty One. Nothing Worse Than Wanting More

Izzy stared down at the big blue sea, it was blue all around in front of her, the wind was warm and the weather was humid but in a way that felt more comfortable than the usual humidity of London. It was sunny and the sky was blue as well, she wondered if the sky was the reflection of the sea or maybe it was the other way around.

Her hands were lying on the small wall that served as a balcony. She pushed the sunglasses further up the bridge of her nose as she felt Philip's hand on her shoulder. He looked so strange on shorts and a shirt, at least she thought.

"It's pretty, right?" He leaned on the balcony too, his hand reached out to hers but she hugged herself, pulling her hands out of his reach.

"It's nice." She agreed. "I'm sorry about last night." She said about her runaway into the bathroom when he tried to kiss her.

"I'm not going to push you into anything you don't want." Philip said as she chuckled bitterly for the thousandth time in the past few days. "...not again."

"We should go down there to the beach, maybe the water here is actually warm." She tried to change the subject.

"Yeah, come on." Philip pulled her into their room. She had already gotten her bathing suit on under her long yellow dress while he still needed to get into his. "It'll be a second." He went into the bathroom as she went to sit on the couch on the opposite side of the room. She yawn feeling tired from the restless night.

She only checked her phone for texts before she heard Phil's voice and he walked with her out of the room.

"So, your brother is kind of weird, you know?" Philip said to her.

"Why do you think so?" She turned to look up at him as they walked through the hall go get to the back of the hotel where the pools and a couple of bars were, near the coast.

"He said something to me...I found it odd, that's all." She blushed, not wanting to know what Joseph could have told Philip. "Anyway, I heard you liked this as a kid..." He pointed at a chair near the pool; there was a big inflatable dolphin there.

She smiled down at her feet before she turned to look at him, having to push her hair to the side as the air blew on her face.

"Yes, thanks." She said.

"Come on," he finally got hold of her hand and pulled her to the sunbeds. "I've been meaning to ask you about that girl..."

"Eryn?" He nodded. "She's my twin sister, apparently." Izzy explained as she looked up at the few people in the pool. "Mom decided to give her to her sister because she couldn't have kids either. Lousy arrangement, right?"

"She'd be pretty if she had this on her shoulders." He said as he touched one of Izzy's scars with his finger.

"I wouldn't wish for her to have these scars, they mean things you cannot imagine." She replied with a serious expression.

"But they also mean you're healed. No more worries." He said. "That's what matters right now."

Izzy tried to relax but she couldn't, thinking that Bill would be mad, that maybe they'd be losing precious time for Henry Jensen. There were a lot of worries for her and it was evident as Philip let out a sight.

Even though he had insisted and done everything he could to get Elizabeth to marry him he didn't want this. He had also been played with by his father; he had wanted to meet her again when her father invited him to her little event. He remembered seeing her when they were younger, before he left for the US and she went to Gezondheidszorg: the centre to which her father sent her; Philip was aware of his father's intentions of getting them together but he thought maybe he'd meet her, see what she was like. His intention had never been to fool her into believing he liked her, but he actually liked her and that was exactly the problem: he had been pushed into forcing her no matter what to marry him and now he was dealing with her worried face.