Chapter Thirty Three. Today Will Be A Good Day.

Izzy took Bill's advice and walked confidently into the office that morning, she said hello to everyone on the way to that one office and when she stood in front of the closed door she took a deep breath.

"Dad, I need a word." Elizabeth said as she opened the door, her father was sitting behind his desk reading something. He looked up at her and pointed at the chair across from him. Izzy closed the door behind her and took a seat.

"What is it Elizabeth?" He wondered without looking at her.

Izzy felt her heart beating faster and her tongue go numb but she reminded herself that she was only talking to her father – it didn't exactly help.

"I am wondering what this is supposed to mean." She explained as she pulled her necklace out, the heart pendant was still hanging from the golden chain. The man looked up and stared at the little object. "I've been wondering what these things that Bill respects so much from you are..."

"He's a nice man. A little too old for you, don't you think?" Graham changed the subject slightly, but Izzy was a lot like him so she changed the subject slightly too.

"You were older than mum; she still married you for some reason. Why did you give me a picture of Eryn?"

Her father closed the folder on his desk and pushed it aside as he let out a sigh.

"It was a bad arrangement but your mother insisted, you would have met each other on your eighteenth birthday but you were not here. It was suitable." Graham said. Izzy frowned and questioned him again. "We wanted kids to raise, a family, you would be able to understand it when you were older but... it was still an awful idea, I always felt like I owed both of you." Izzy bit her lip before she asked again.

"Did you tell Eryn all of this before?" He nodded; she suspected her sister knew something she didn't; she acted so natural about the whole thing. "Bill said," she doubted for a second but she was face to face with her father, who, for some reason was talking to her in a way that she thought they would never be able to talk again: as if they were father and daughter, "he said that... you did all what you could do, what did he mean?"

"There are things that you will not understand, Elly..." She smiled to the mention of that horrible little nickname he'd given her when she was a kid. "But you have no idea how I regret not bringing you back from that centre before..."

"It wasn't your choice; they wouldn't have released me before." Izzy smiled at her father and they stared at each other for a few minutes. "You didn't teach me how to ride a bike."

"You didn't ask me." Graham said.

They stared in silence for a few seconds as small smiles appeared on their faces. Izzy's eyes watered as she chuckled. Her father stood up and did something he hadn't done in years. He walked around the desk and knelt in front of her; he held her hands and smiled at his daughter.

"You are and will always be my little girl, I have made mistakes Elly, but you're still that beautiful baby your mother and I dreamed of for so long." He made a pause. "You and your sister our nothing but blessings."

"Oh dad..." She pulled her father into a hug; she just wished she'd be less stupid so she'd seen things the right way before. "I feel like I haven't had a dad in years." She whispered.

"That's on me." Graham said as he hugged his daughter. "I'll try to make it better. I promise."

When they let go, Izzy wiped her cheeks and took a deep breath.

"Are you sure Eryn is a blessing? Because she is quite crazy..." She joked and Graham nodded.

"Tell me something: Bill didn't tell you anything?" Izzy shook her head. "I like that boy."