Chapter Sixteen. Burn Like Stars

// Oh, are you ready? Because stuff goes down on this chapter and you're gonna love me/hate me soon...

READ! //

Izzy walked into the station a week later, she had called Georg and she'd done more work without Bill's company.

She had been so busy, so confused and now here she was face to face to Bill again.

"Hey, how are you?" Listing asked he saw her. She smiled and shrugged.

"Well enough. You?" Georg mocked her.

"Well enough too." She let out a sigh and chuckled. "Did you get anything?" Izzy nodded.

"Yes, I got some witnesses. Don't ask how, they said Caroline stepped into the doctor's office with a kid and got out with that same kid but someone stopped her at the parking lot after she put Henry on the back of the car."

"What?" Listing didn't hear about this before.

"She didn't tell us this. But according to another patient, a young woman with blonde hair and an advanced belly stopped her in the parking lot and someone even said that a blonde man took the boy."

"Are you serious?" Listing asked as Bill approached them.

"What did I miss?" He asked.

"There's a witness. A woman saw the kidnapper; I think this pregnant woman was working with the blonde guy."

"That...makes sense." Listing said.

"Somebody please, fill me in?" Bill was still slightly confused.

A delivery boy entered the station and turned to them; he tapped on Izzy's shoulder and presented her with a large floral arrangement.

"Miss Collins?" The boy asked as she nodded. "These are for you. From Mr. Parker."

"From Mr. Parker, huh?" She gave the boy £15. "You know Mr. Parker's address?" The boy nodded. "Well you go there and you give him these flowers."

"Yes, miss. Thanks." He put the money on his pocket.

"And while you're at it, you tell him to shove them up his ass." The boy's eyed widened before he motioned to the little card on top of the roses.

"Don't you want to at least keep the card?" Izzy smiled and grabbed the card.

The boy left after that and Izzy put the card on her bag without giving it a second glance.

"I thought all women liked flowers..." Listing said as he folded his arms over his chest, staring at Izzy's serene expression.

"Not all flowers, though." She said. "Besides, a man only sells that kind of flowery circus when he knows he's in trouble."

"And what did he do?" Bill asked as she pulled put her agenda from her bag and looked for their witness' name.

"He drove me up the wall. I broke up with him." She explained. "Here, Michelle Keller. Look her up, I've got to go."

Izzy left without saying anything else.

"Alright, we should look into that." Georg said.

Izzy came back to the Jensen's home after her long day in school. She kept quiet as she got to spend the night with Bill on the living room's couch.