Chapter Thirty One. She'd laugh the Night Time into Day.

// Two Chapters left! //

When her eyes opened she felt a slight headache, she saw the nurse next to her and she touched the side of her head, there was a patch there.

"Morning, Miss. Don't touch it, I'll be right back with the doctor." She smiled at her.

"Thank you..." Izzy said and looked at the cast on her right hand. She turned to look around, she had no IV's but she didn't remember why she was there.

The doctor came in followed by the nurse and they checked her, asking her things she should know. Her name, the year, what month they were in, common questions she'd gotten after waking up in a different hospital bed when she was seventeen.

"I'd say you're perfectly fine, Mrs. Parker. How's your head feeling?" Izzy followed the small light he put in front of her face.

"Hurts a little, but it has seen worse days." She replied. The doctor finished checking her and then left.

The next time the door of her room opened a couple of policemen entered with the nurse. They had a camera and they wanted to know about her bruises. She asked what it was about with a frown.

"We've arrested your husband for domestic violence, but we need evidence and a statement." One of the men said with a serious expression. "Would you tell us what happened?"

Izzy considered it; she had a chance right there, to get away from him. But how would that work out? She had been stupid enough to hide what Joseph had done to her and now she was going to shut up about Philip? He couldn't do anything to Eryn or Bill, she would know it had been him and she'd speak up. She knew how months ago she'd spoken in that event saying how important it was for women to stand up and raise their voice against this. She hated to think she'd gone full circle and was now starting again...

She nodded.

No more hiding away.

Bill had been right, she was an achievement herself. She took a deep breath and she told the men all she remembered of that morning and when she was done she also mentioned her hand. She said that Lea, the maid would confirm her story and the two policemen wrote down everything she told them.

She allowed pictures of her arm and hand to be taken along with the bruises on her jaw, the marks Philip had left on her when he grabbed her and threw her away from him, forgetting to notice how he'd thrown her right into the edge of the footboard.

Izzy thanked the heavens for her nosy maid.

The next visitors were Gi with teary eyes and her father. She hadn't expected her father to be there, but he was.

"I was so worried! They said you were blacking out and coming back every few minutes, wouldn't let us see you!" Gi grabbed her cousin's hand. "You know you're my sister from a different mother? Because I think I just realized!" She said and Izzy smiled.

"I kinda realized a while ago." She replied. "Hi dad, you should go back to the office, I'm sure Mr. Bellamy will want to talk to you again."

"He can wait." Graham said, to Izzy's surprise.

"Where's Bill?" Izzy asked Gi, the brunette smiled to the side.

"He's outside," she chuckled and whispered, "you won't believe who's been talking to him..." Izzy's brow furrowed, "I'll go get him." She kissed Izzy's cheek.

"I talked to Martin." Her father told her as soon as Gi left the room. "You're welcome to come back home or go back to living with Giovanna while we sort out the divorce, I won't have you live at that ...animal's house anymore."