Chapter 30: Why Don't They Just Admit It?

The couple watches as Johnny bends down beside Robby before the referee makes him go back to his side. "What the hell are you thinking, man?" he strongly scolds Hawk, slapping his shoulder. This catches the couple's interest. Rosalía feels bad for him. She hates seeing Robby injured so she can imagine how much it affects him. Daniel is taken aback by the blonde's reaction since he's used to seeing him only encourage the "no mercy" notion. The referee pulls Robby up and asks if he's okay. "With that disqualification, Keene earns a trip to the finals. We'll see him back here after a short break." the announcer voices. The married couple turns to each other and Rosalía knows her husband wants to go see Robby.

"Go. He needs you," she encourages him with a soft grin. Daniel nods and pecks her forehead before getting up and heading to the locker room. Once he's out of sight, the woman scoots closer to Selena. "So... El Volador es tu amigo, eh [The flyer is your friend, eh]," she mentions. Selena shoots her a baffled look. "Volador?" she questions. "The kid with the mohawk," her mom clarifies. Selena snorts when she realizes why she nicknamed him that. "Are you calling him that because of the hair?" she laughs. Rosalía shrugs and nods. "It looks like a wing, like he's gonna fly away," she answers, making her kids laugh. "Anyway... since when do you hang out with violent kids like that?"

Selena grimaces. "Uh... well, we met in school and he used to be shy. Era callado [he was quiet], he wasn't like this at all," she admits, frowning a bit. Rosalía nods, completely understanding. Johnny was the same way. "He changed after joining Cobra Kai, huh?" she asks. Her daughter purses her lips and nods, making the woman shake her head. She believes that Johnny means well but it's clear that he wasn't able to break away from the toxic values of Cobra Kai and is now passing them onto his pupils. "No pues, se volvió loco ese cipote [well, that kid went crazy]," she sighs. Selena lightly chuckles and nods her head. 

"Hey," a new voice sounds, making them look up to see Miguel standing there nervously. He glances at Rosalía and greets, "um, hi, Mrs. Juárez LaRusso, I'm Miguel." The woman politely grins at him. "Hi. I know, I've heard," she replies, chuckling. "Right," the boy nervously chuckles before eyeing Selena. "Um, can we talk?" he asks her. The girl nods and turns to her mom. "I'll be back," she utters before getting up. Rosalía nods and watches her and the boy walk off when Aaliyah suddenly scoots closer. "What's up with them?" she asks curiously. The older woman shrugs. "I don't know but I have a feeling your dad won't like it," she replies, eyeing the Cobra Kai logo on the boy's gi. Aaliyah grimaces, knowing she's right.

Meanwhile, Selena and Miguel slowly walk along the front of the mat. "Look, I, um... I'm really sorry about what happened at the party. I didn't mean to hurt Sam, it was an accident," he apologizes. Selena had forgotten about that whole ordeal, being too swept up in the excitement of the tournament, but that doesn't mean she forgave him. "I know you didn't... but it happened because you were trying to hit Robby, which isn't okay either," she replies. Miguel slightly furrows his eyebrows. "Well, I had to strike first," he counters. Selena mentally groans. "Why?" she asks sternly. "She showed up with another dude, I couldn't just do nothing," he argues.

Selena slaps her hands over her forehead, running them over her face frustratedly. "Oh, my gosh, Miggy, that is so stupid. I already told you nothing is going on with them," she claims in an annoyed tone. Miguel listens to everything but stays stuck on one word. "Miggy?" he repeats, the corners of his lips slightly turning up. Selena stares at him with a dumbstruck face. "What?" she chokes out. "You called me 'Miggy.' You've never called me that before," the boy points out, shrugging. He heard it earlier when she was cheering but he wasn't sure he heard correctly. The girl's face begins to burn. "I- I don't know, I didn't notice. I guess it just came out..." she nervously babbles.

"Okay, anyway! You acted like an asshole the other night... but I'm not the one you need to apologize to. You need to make things right," she gets back on track. Miguel nods, looking down shamefully. He glances back up and softly asks, "are you still mad at me?" The girl tilts her head and releases a heavy breath. "I really want to be but it's hard... I mean, you're my friend, you know?" she answers. Miguel's heart sinks a little. "Right, yeah... your friend," he utters. Selena nods, feeling a bit saddened herself. They suddenly hear a giggle, making them snap their heads to the side to see Sam and Aisha walking in. Miguel glances at Selena and she nods, encouraging him to talk to her.