Chapter 56: You're Alright, LaRusso

I'm just gonna leave this pic here because AHHHH... Okay, onto the chapter 😁

-

-

Reseda

Miguel sits next to Johnny on the couch as he waits for the dating app to download on the man's new smartphone. All of a sudden, his own phone chimes so he pulls it out of his pocket. He checks the screen, seeing text notifications from a certain dark-haired girl.

Selena:
Yoooo
Are you home?
I'm outside

He shoots up from the couch and hurries to the door. "Where are you going?" Johnny asks, giving him a weird look. "Uh, hold on," the boy tells him before swinging the door open and exiting the apartment. As soon as he starts walking onto the patio, Selena walks into the building. They both grin when they see each other. "Hey," the girl chirps as she approaches him. "Hey," Miguel returns, happy to see her. "What are you doing here?" he asks they meet each other halfway. The girl simply shrugs.

"Well, I just left the dealership and while I was driving, I thought: 'why not visit Miguel?' So here I am... Is that okay?" she speaks, realizing she should've given him a heads up sooner. "Y-yeah! Of course it's okay. You know you're always welcome to come by," the boy assures her, grinning bashfully. The girl smiles, relieved by his words. "Um, I was actually in my sensei's apartment. I'm helping him with something. Why don't you come in? You could officially meet him," Miguel suggests, pointing behind him. Selena's smile drops.

 "Oh, uh, I don't know. I mean, we don't really know each other so he probably wouldn't want some random girl in his house. Especially if she's Daniel LaRusso's daughter," she says. The boy slightly frowns. He had forgotten about that rivalry. "Nah, don't worry about it, I think he can look past that. He knows you're my friend. Come on," he yaks, grasping Selena's hand and dragging her to Johnny's apartment. The girl feels a bit nervous as he does this. The last time she saw the man, he didn't even smile. She hopes he doesn't dislike her.

The two burst through the door, finding Johnny sitting on the couch with his feet up on the coffee table and a can of beer in hand. "Hey, Sensei. I want you to meet somebody," Miguel pipes up. Johnny looks up, shocked when his eyes land on the girl behind the boy. Miguel tugs on her hand, making her walk up to his side. She sends the man a nervous smile and waves. "Uh, hi," she greets. "Hi," Johnny returns. Why is Rosalía and LaRusso's kid in my apartment? He wonders. "You remember Selena, you met her last time," Miguel says, to which Johnny nods.

"She happened to be in the neighborhood and decided to drop by. Is it cool if she hangs with us?" Miguel asks, giving the man hopeful eyes. Johnny notices the pleading look in the boy's eyes. He feels weird about having this girl in his home but he can tell Miguel likes her, and who is he to say no to him right now? "Um, sure, it's cool. Have a seat," he answers, acknowledging the girl at the end and gesturing to the loveseat by the couch. He never liked the idea of Miguel being associated with a LaRusso, he was concerned when Sam was in the picture.

However, from what he's heard from Miguel, Selena seems decent enough. Plus, she is Rosalía's daughter so he wants to assume she gained her mother's qualities. "Thanks," the girl utters, sitting down on the loveseat. Miguel goes back to his spot next to Johnny on the couch. "Okay, the app is downloaded," he declares as he looks at the phone in his hand. The blonde peeks at Selena, still processing the fact that she's here.  What would her parents think if they knew where she was right now, he wonders.

"What type of women are you looking to meet?" Miguel asks, making Johnny turn to him. He sends the boy a look, which makes him grin knowingly. "Super hot babes. Dumb question," he realizes, shaking his head. He glances at Selena and clarifies, "I signed him up on a dating app." The girl nods, smiling amusedly. "Yeah, I kind of figured that out," she chuckles. Miguel chuckles along before gazing down at Johnny's phone again. "Okay, what are your likes?" he asks. "My likes?" the man repeats as if it's a ridiculous question. "Mhm," the boy confirms.