Chapter 98: What's Gotten Into Him?

Did y'all see the S5 pic??? MIKE FREAKIN' BARNES IS BACK! I'm itching to make him interact with Miss Rosi again... Also, tell me why I was looking for Rosalia and Selena in the photos LMAO. Ahhh, I need to hurry up with the updates 😩

-

-

Miyagi-Do Dojo

Selena, Miguel, Sam, and Isaac sit outside celebrating the salvation of the tournament. Isaac had texted Sam earlier asking to hang out so she told him where she was, which is why he's here now. "To the All Valley Tournament," Sam declares, holding up her soda can. All four teens clink their cans together, agreeing with her. "And to Miguel. For how he heroically bust into the hearing to save the day with his inspiring speech," Selena chimes in, holding her can up and beaming at her boyfriend.

Miguel chuckles, lightly blushing as the others repeat, "to Miguel" and clink their cans together once more. "Okay, okay, okay," he yammers, waving his hands to catch everyone's attention. "Well, we have to toast you ladies too then. Because you guys helped save it too," he praises, grinning playfully at the girls, making them giggle. "To Selena and Sam!" Isaac declares, making Miguel repeat his words. "To us," both girls voice together, clinking their cans. "Selena and Sam: dynamic duo," Selena phrases, to which Sam smirks, humming in agreement.

The boys chuckle at this before they all take a sip of their sodas. Miguel looks off to the side, spotting the big rock in the distance. "This place is crazy. What's the rock say?" he asks his girlfriend, genuinely impressed by the dojo. Selena furrows her eyebrows, shifting her eyes to her cousin. "Huh. I don't know. My parents won't tell us." She turns back to her boyfriend and adds, "I'm pretty sure they just don't know though." Sam chuckles, 100% believing that.

"Well, it's a cool rock. All we have is vandalized park benches and regular boring rocks," Miguel replies. "Mmm, I don't know. That sounds extravagant," the dark-haired girl jokes, causing him to chuckle. "You know, you're welcome to train here any time. I wouldn't have a problem with it," the girl claims, grinning flirtatiously at him. Miguel returns the grin. "I mean, don't get me wrong, it's a cool yard but..." he trails off, looking around the yard. "Do you guys actually do karate here?" he asks. Selena's jaw drops and she, Sam, and Isaac share a shocked look.

"It looks like breathing exercises!" Miguel defends himself. "Did he just...?" Selena trails off. "He did," Sam confirms. "He went there," Isaac chimes in, shaking his head. "What, it's not bad-ass enough for you??" Selena mockingly questions her boyfriend. "We train in junkyards and cement trucks!" Miguel claims. His girlfriend scoffs. "I'm sorry that we don't endanger our lives to learn life-saving techniques," she sarcastically responds, her facial expression matching her tone. The boy playfully rolls his eyes at her comment.

"We've trained in that pond over there," Sam mentions, pointing to the pond. "Oh, a pond," Miguel mocks, making the cousins scoff. "If you knew how Miyagi-Do works, you wouldn't be talking so much. Like the queen Selena Gomez says: 'everything is not what it seems," the dark-haired girl sasses, pointing her finger at her boyfriend. Miguel remains speechless for a second, narrowing his eyes at her. "Are you really quoting the Wizards of Waverly Place theme song to me right now?" he asks. "Yes, I am," Selena affirms, narrowing her eyes too.

Isaac looks between the two as they have their mini staring contest. "I mean, I just started training here and it's pretty cool so far... But training in a cement truck does sound bad-ass," he somewhat warily pipes up, shrugging. The girls gasp dramatically. "Oh, my God, boys," Selena breathes out. "Don't start switching sides now!" Sam lightheartedly comments, shoving the Puerto Rican-Mexican boy. "Oh, you wanna go," Isaac jokingly claims, shooting up. "Alright, let's go. Let's go," he taunts, balling his fists. Sam giggles as she stands up as well.