Chapter 7: Alluring Dance

"Text"- dialogue
'Text'- thought

Spoiler Alert!
You've been warned

*************

Aika's POV

System: where are you going, dear host? It is still early in the morning and if I remember you already finished your training.

" I'm going on for my morning routine. I know that I'm on the rest for this week but I can't just stay in bed all day long, all that training will be for nothing, and besides, I'm still working on my total concentration breathing constantly"

System: do you have some kind of goal in mind?

"After I passed the final selection, I need to become a Hashira before the story begins. So, by that time I only have a 1 year to do so"

'Being a Hashira will put me closer to all the important characters. I will protect and save them Kanae, Muiichiro, Shinobu, Mitsuri, Genya, Obanai, Gyomei, Tamayo, Oyakata-sama and Kyojuro'

.

.

.

.

After doing my morning routine. I go back to my house and hop to the roof to take the dried leaves that I left. These leaves have a medical purpose that will surely be handy in the future. After taking it I start grinding it, processing it, make it into a medicine

"Looks like I still need more of these medical leaves" realizing that I'm lacking the herbs for making medicine. I once again leave the house and look for a more medicinal herb.

'I know that I have modern medical knowledge but it is not going to help me if I cannot have some miracle power, I can't just heal some fatal wounds out of nowhere or bring back a dead person without a defibrillator, not in this time where technology is lacking. I need to find a way! '

.

.

.

"I didn't notice. It's already dark. Looks like I got caught up picking these herbs and in my thought" I said snapping in my thoughts and looking t the sky

'Let's just continue these tomorrow'

While walking back to the house. A sudden breeze of air touch my face

'Where is that coming from, if I remember correctly the falls and the lake is on the other side of the forest' I said turning my gaze to the direction where that breeze came from

I follow the breeze of air and it took me almost one hour before I got to the place. When I see it my eyes widen to the scenery in front of me. 

"Beautiful," I said in awe

Without noticing it I slowly walk through the field and in a matter of seconds. I am in the middle of it.

'This feeling... It so peaceful and calming'

I put the basket of herbs in my hand down and slide down one of my fans from the sleeve of my kimono to my hand and at that moment I just let the air and the grass guide me in my movement and I start to dance. I make sure to not use any breathing style movement that may attract an unwanted demon visitor. My breathing technique creates a sound that only demons can hear.

I dance my whole heart doing the one thing that I love and put my heart at ease... 

A/N: this is the closest dance choreography video that I have in mind. You will also have an idea of how she usually moves whenever she fights.

After that dance. I was so happy!! Then I suddenly feel something inside the forest. It's dark so I can't tell.

'I thought someone was watching but I guess it's just my imagination'

.

.

.

.

.

My one-week vacation or should I say rest came to an end. This is the last day of my leisure time.

Well, my whole week is technically just doing my new everyday routine, doing my morning exercise, practicing a little bit of the forms, collecting herbs, making medicine, cooking, eating, sleeping, the usual stuff well my new usual stuff.

I also visited the wonderful place I discovered 6 days ago to have a short picnic time with myself and of course, I never forget to relieve my tiredness with a dance.

I am currently writing my journal, writing everything that happened today. I've been doing it ever since I got here in this new world and I am also keeping a note of everything that is about to happen

5 months and 2 weeks from now, the final selection that I'm about to participate in will start

2 months after that is the inevitable death of Kanae.

Within that year I need to achieve the highest position as a demon slayer, a Hahira.

'For now, I need to focus on my first goal, to pass the final selection'

'And I need to figure it out on how am I going to save a person in a death bed with the equipment and medicine that I have' I said putting my finger under my chin

'The only way that I can think of to save that kind of person is to turn him or her into a demon, but that is out of the question' I said then sighed.

'......' I stopped thinking then immediately stand from my sitting position. An idea just come to my mind

'Wait a minute...turning someone into a demon? something just came to my mind'

***************

Thanks for reading the Chapter 7.*^▁^*
I would appreciate your votes and comments #^_^#

Take Care and Stay Safe Everyone!! ::>_<::

Mwaaaa. >o<