Chapter 24: Proposal

3rd Person's POV

Later that day after the conversation between the Rengokus and Shinobu. They bid her farewell. Senjuro and Shinjiro good s back to their training and Aika is still sleeping in her futon inside the Rengoku's residence when the door in her room open.

Kyojuro enter the room. He sits down beside Aika and look at her face. He fix the blanket on top of Aika carefully. Filling the room with silence. Kyojuro hold her hands and tears drops falls from his eyes.

"Aika...why?... Why?..." 'You didn't tell me' " I haven't have a chance to tell you my feeling and yet there's already a chance that you might not with me tomorrow... Aika please I'm begging you don't leave me"

"I..."

"I..."

"I... I love you, so please ~"

He was stop when he feels something touching his face when he look up he sees the beautiful green eyes of the woman he loves.

"Kyojuro, please don't cry. It doesn't suit you" Smiling and wiping the tears from Kyojuro's face.
'I don't know why he is crying but I definitely heard the last part but maybe I'm  just hearing things'

"Aika your awake when did you~" "tell me why are you crying?, I don't really remember anything after that hug" she said blushing a litlle.

"You lost consciousness and it's just a right time when Kocho arrived with your pain killers" " ahh I see, now I understand why you are crying, but Kyojuro you don't need to concern yourself with it and I know that~" "what are you talking about?" She flinch whe Kyojuro's voice became serious 'is he angry'

"Why are you pushing me away, it's like we never been friends. I always notice that you put others first than yourself..... Why?.... Why do you need to that? " Kyojuro said looking at Aika

"Kyo... "

"Just the thought of you dying already making me crazy.... I love you so please let me and the other help you with your burden"

Her eye's widen from what Kyojuro's said to her 'So I didn't just hear thing' tears started to fall her eyes

"Please don't cry I know you don't want our current situation to change so you don't need to worry I just want to say what my heart been telling me. I cn still be your friend  and comrade."

"What make you sure about my answer you don't even hear it" "what do you mean" "at first I thought I'm only hearing things when I woke up but now you definitely said that you love" She launch her self to Kyojuro and give him a kiss. 'Aika.. ' his eyes widen to the sudden action of her

She break the kiss look at Kyojuro "Does that serve as my answer" he immediately hug her tightly "Are you sure" he ask "hahaha what kind of question is that but yes I'm sure... I love you too  Flame Hashira"

They give each other a passionate kiss...

The two walk to the other room where Shinjiro and Senjuro is sitting.

"Ahh Aika Nee-chan your awake" "how's your feeling? " "thank you for taking care of me and doing fine now" she said. Shunjiro's attention caught the intertwined hand of his son and the green haired woman.

"so you finally told her" he said looking at his eldest son "father you know about my feelings for her" "of course do you think that I would not know what's happening just because I've been looking myself and drinking..."

"well anyway Aika I know how beautiful, kind and a compassionate person you are and I also think that you don't deserve my son but please take care of him"

"I will Sir"

"And you Kyojuro, always protect and cherish her and don't you ever make her cry"

"I will Father but why are saying all of this"

"Tell me son how old are you" "I'm almost 18" "How about" he ask looking at Aika "I'm 17 Sir"

" you don't have any parent or gurdian right? " "Yes Sir but may I ask why you ask" "then I only need to ask for your consent" She tilt her head in confusion.

"Then I have a proposal what do you think about becoming an official fiance of my son" Kyojuro and Aika are shock at what they heard.

"Father I just confess my feelings and yoy want us to be a married couple already"

"I never said that... It's only for insurance that Aika will be my daughter in law and beside you can marry each other when you two decided it....do you not planning to marry her, are you planning to look for other girl"

"Of course not father it's just that ~"

"You don't need to worry just I said it's just an insurance, you two can take it slowly" Kyojuro look at Aika and see what her reaction. She is looking down and her finger under her chin clearly thinking.

'I can't believe everything is happening so fast it's like yesterday when I thought Kyojuro doesn't feel the same way and now Shinjiro-san want me to be his fiance. Well...but what if suddenly happen to me. I don't want to make him suffer. '
..
..
..
"I accept it Shinjiro-san" the three Rengoku look at Aika "Are you sure? " Kyojuro ask "yes but I have one condition...when something happens to me please promise me to keep living just like always with your bright smiles" "nothings going to happen so~" "promise me Kyojuro"........"alright I promise"

Aika smile and look back to Shinjiro. "Well looks like you made your decision" "yes!" " then I'm happy to hear that my future daughter-in-law"

******************

I might make their relationship a little bit faster. It's just that I'm having a hard time writing a love story with detail progress. So I hope I still did a justice to it.

And I'm planning to write Aika's interaction with the other hashira. I think a little interactions with other is needed.

Thanks for reading the Chapter 24 ::>_<::
Don't forget to vote or comments! #^_^#
Stay Safe and Take Care Everyone. *^▁^*