Chapter 30: Akaza

A loud screech was heard around the train as Tanjiro bring the his final blow to the lower moon 1 Enmu. Both Aika and Kyojuro unleash their attacks to the surrounding area to protect all the passengers from the last ditch effort made by te demon.
.
.
.
.
.
Aika's POV

Near the site of the train crash. Tanjirou lies on the ground, in pain from his wound.

"Ah…!" "That’s it. Stop,Stop the bleeding., so that I can give you the first aid" I said cleansing his wound but the he still losing blood

Kyo pokes a finger into Tanjirou’s forehead.
"Focus!" Tanjiro focuses harder. "Great! Looks like you stopped it." I said putting a bandage to his wound.

"You’ll be able to do all kinds of things when you master breathing. Not that you’ll be able to do everything, but you’ll become a stronger version of yourself than yesterday for sure." Kyo said "Right." Tanjiro said

"Everyone’s safe! There are hordes of injured people, but no one’s life is in danger. Don’t strain yourself. Take it easy and rest up." I said "Thank you very much." "You're welcome" I said smiling "And Kyo, get ready" I said and I gained a nod from him and a questioning look from Tanjiro.

A moment later something lands behind our backs and I know very well who is it. Tanjiro sees the “Upper Three” symbols in Akaza’s eyes.

3rd POV

'Upper… Three? What’s he doing here and now?' tanjiro thought. Akaza moves in a flash, aiming to punch Tanjirou.

'Flame Breathing, Second Form…' 'Ocean Breathing, Fourth form' 'Rising Scorching Sun!' 'Harmonic Strike!' The two hashira cuts into Akaza’s arm and blocks his attack. Akaza jumps back. His arm regenerates in moments.

"That’s a fine sword. And a familiar fan like blade" Akaza said 'He sure can regenerate fast. This heavy and overwhelming demon aura… So, this is an Upper Rank.' The flame hashira thought

"I can’t understand why you’d go after a wounded person first." Rengoku said Tanjirou gets up from his lying position. "He could get in the way of the chitchat… between you two and me." "What would we need have to talk about? I’m meeting you now for the first time, but I already dislike you."

"Is that right? Well, I loathe weak humans, too. The sight of a weakling makes my skin crawl. Then, it looks like our senses of value are completely different." Aika then look at his fiance 'everything is happening in front my eyes, just like what I originally see'

"All right, then I have a brilliant proposal for you. And that woman companion of yours Why don’t you become a demon, too?" "I will not." The two hashira said "I can tell your strength at a glance. You two are a Hashira, aren’t you? Your fighting spirit has been honed to the hilt. It’s close to the realm of the highest."

"I’m the Flame Hashira, Kyoujurou Rengoku." "And I'm the Ocean Hashira, Aika" 'I can't risk telling my surname'

"I’m Akaza. Kyojuro… and Aika Let me tell you why you can’t enter the realm of the highest. Because you’re a human. Because you’re going to grow old. Because you’re going to die. Become a demon, you two. Do that, and you can go on training for a hundred, for two hundred years. You can become stronger."

"Both growing old and dying are part of the beauty of being an ephemeral creature like a human. The fact that we grow old and die is what makes human life so unbearably precious and noble. “Strength” isn’t a word used to describe just the body. This boy isn’t weak!"

"Don’t insult him. I’ll repeat it as many times as it takes. You and I have different senses of value.
No matter what the reason, I will not become a demon!"

"I see." He then look at Aika. "This fight will be only me and Kyojuro. It's not for a woman like you" 'like hell I'll do that'

Akaza slams his legs into the ground, creating a snowflake pattern. "Technique Development…Destructive Death, Compass Needle!"

Akaza takes a strong stance. Rengoku readies his sword. "If you refuse to become a demon, I’ll kill you. "Akaza charges at Rengoku. The two go at it, appearing as only blurs.

Aika POV

I need to time it up of I need to stop Akaza. When Kyo. Block the attack that was suppose to crush his left eye I immediately but it to their fight and cut his Arm.

"I told you to step back" he said

"Aika.. " Kyo said. "I'm not going to stand there and just watch while the person I loved is fighting!...from here on I'll take all of your attacks" "kyo.. Just attack him. As long as I'm here I will not let any attack from this demon to touch you"

And then the battle continue I was on defensive and kyo is on offensive but no matter what we do. He just regenerate though I was able to land a frequents attack because his holding back whenever he faces me. 'Well he is some gentleman'

But this fighting cannot continue anymore. Both me and Kyojuro are tired. Kyojuro then look at me and smiled. 'What are you planning Kyojuro'

He then made the stance that I know very well.

"I… I will fulfill my duty! I will not allow anyone here to die! Flame Breathing… Esoteric Art!" 'No...'

"What a tremendous fighting spirit! Amazing aura despite all those injuries! That mental strength! That airtight stance! Hahaha! You have to become a demon, after all, Kyojuro!Let’s fight each other for all eternity!" Akaza said

"Set your heart ablaze. Go beyond your limits! I’m the Flame Hashira… Kyoujurou Rengoku! Ninth Form… Rengoku!"

"Destructive Death… Annihilation Type!" Rengoku charges toward Akaza. The two was engulfed with a flaming tornado.

"System..."

System: yes dear host

"I would like you to change mode to Emergency mode"

System: this will require all of your experience points.

"Yes, just do it" ',no matter how hard I looked at the future the one thing that never change is either  Kyo or I die but with this I can at least make the probability of my survival higher.

Notice
System is on Emergency mode!

'Now then let's kill that Upper moon three'

"Ocean Breathing, Eighth Form: Atlantis' Barrier"

In an instant I was able to take the hit that was supposed to kill Kyo. And decapitate him. I immediately look at the horizon and the sun is almost up. My crow is also flying on top of us signaling the arrival of a back up.

But one thing I know his body will not be able to regenerate because of the poison I put in both my and Kyo's sword.

And that's the end of the Upper moon three.

My body slowly fall down and the last thing I saw is Kyo's crying face.

*************
Thanks for reading the Chapter 30::>_<::
One last chapter and we're done folks! I want to let everyone know that I'll be making an announcement after the last chapter, so stay tune until then!

"BELIEVE IT!!" 😉

Don't forget to vote or comments! #^_^#
Stay Safe and Take Care Everyone. *^▁^*