Chapter 21: Dinner

"Text"- dialogue
'Text'- thought

***************

Aika's POV

The rest of the day was just me sitting at the end of the porch watching Kyojuro helping his brother to his training and sometimes I also help at Senjuro's training especially in his total concentration breathing.
.
.
"Good job, your sword handling is showing an improvements" Kyojuro said complimenting his brother "you think so? Onichan" Senjuro said looking at his brother with his sparkling eyes "I am one hundred percent sure" Kyojuro said.

"Well boys I'm going to left you two for a while, I'm going to start preparing for our dinner, I did promise to cook this time and you two need to take a break you've been training for a whole day now" I said before going inside their state.

3rd Person's POV

"Will do"
"Yes Onechan"

The two said at the same time and this makes the two look at each other for a while before laughing at each other.

"Onechan is like our mother Onichan" Senjuro said wiping the tears from his eyes due to laughing "she is" Kyojuro said stopping from his laughing and looking at the direction where Aika is and this catch the attention of Senjuro.

"Onichan, you like Aika nechan aren't you" Senjuro said that make Kyojuro look at gus little brother "well you I kinda notice that you always telling me about her and I can tell on how you look at her" "I didn't just like her, I love her. A-side from her unbelievable beauty she is kind, strong and a compassionate person. She is kind of a person who always care for te others first before herself" Kyojuro said replying to his little brother question

'but that is why I'm also concern about her well being, she always looks for the other and doesn't have a time for herself' Kyojuro's thought looking back at Aika's direction.
.
.
.

Aika's POV

I just finish preparing and cooking the dinner for all of us and the tea I promise for Shinjuro-san.

Saba Shioyaki (grilled mackerel)Nikujaga (meat and potato stew)Sunomono (cucumber salad)Miso SoupGenmai (Brown Rice)

Nikujaga (meat and potato stew)
Sunomono (cucumber salad)
Miso Soup
Genmai (Brown Rice)

I prepared a peppermint tea that has a benefits include stress relief, aiding digestion and soothing stomach, boosting immune system and relieving the symptoms of common cold

I prepared a peppermint tea that has a benefits include stress relief, aiding digestion and soothing stomach, boosting immune system and relieving the symptoms of common cold. Back when I'm studying medicine back then I came across a thesis about the different herbal teas that was widely use at that time.

I lay each on of them in the table nice and neatly and after that Kyojuro and Senjuro enter the room. "Perfect timing, Dinner's ready" "That's looks amazing Aika" Kyojuro said complimenting the foods. "Thanks"

"I'll call father" Senjuro said. When he open the door he saw his father "father?" Senjuro said in shock "what are you standing there, let's eat" Shinjiro-san said. All of us then start to eat "thank you for cooking the dinner tonight " Shinjiro said in a calm voice looking at you, the siblings are both shock and happy at their father behavior.

Both Senjuro and Kyojuro is quiet looking at their father. " your food will get cold if you keep staring at me" the two then break their stare at start to eat.
.
.
"How is the tea?" I ask after Shinjiro take a sip. "It's quite new to my taste but... I like it" I was happy to hear that he like it "I'm glad you like it".
.
We finished eating and the brothers are wondering why their father is still not leaving because usually after eating their father just immediately go to his room.

I look at Shinjiro-san and I can see clearly the anxious look in his face knowing what is about, I need to make a situation where just the three of them.

"I'll be cleaning the dishes" I said getting up "No Aika-nechan, you already cook for us, so please let me do it" "Senjuro is right, you don't need to, we're asking to much from you" Kyojuro said agreeing to his little brother.

I shake my head and look at Shinjiro-san, he then give me a nod and look at the siblings "I think you two are more needed here"I said giving the two of them a smile" I then leave the room leaving the three of them.

3rd Person's POV

The whole room was quiet for a few seconds before Kyojuro speak "is there something a matter father? " he ask and Senjuro just quietly sitting beside his big brother.

"How is your duty as a the Flame Hashira?" Shinjuro ask looking at his eldest son. This question pit a smile on Kyojuro "I'm doing my best father" he said proudly "mmm, how about you Senjuro, how is your training?" He ask his youngest.

"I'm working really hard on it father, big brother and Aika-nechan is helping me in my training" Senjuro said. Shinjuro then give a deep breath "father?" The brothers said.

"Son... I haven't tell this for a very long time but I just want to say that I am very proud to the two of you" hearing this make the brothers widen their eyes. They cannot believe on what they heard.

"I know that you two might have a resentment to me but I just want to say I'm sorry, you two are both precious to me but I was blinded by my own sadness that I failed to become your father" Shinjiro said

"Please don't say that we never feel like that towards you, instead of resentment we are ver worried about you father" Kyojuro said " you always lock yourself in your room and drinking sake, so please father stop drinking alcohol" Senjuro said.

The statement of his son shock Shinjiro. "It's not too late to restore your relationship with your sons" "But you see, Shinjiro-san you still have your two son whose been worried about you" remembering what Aika said.

"Please father, take care of yourself" Kyojuro said to his father.

"Take care of yourself"...that's... Kyojuro's last...message...for you..." Shinjiro once again remembering Aika's word.

"Do you have a mission tomorrow Kyojuro?" Shinjiro ask Kyojuro. "I do not have" Kyojuro said "starting tomorrow I'm going to look at your sswordsmanship and I'm going to supervise Senjuro's training"

The brothers was shocked and look at each other then suddenly a smile form in their mouth and look at their father "YES FATHER!" the two of them shout at their excitement. Shunjiro was just smiling looking at his sons.

"A training?" Aika said entering the room gaining the attention of the three. "Is it ok if I join?" you ask Shinjiro "I don't mind, it's been a while since I saw someone from the Fujiki clan fight and I'm looking forward on how's my son will deal with your fighting style"

"Father, you mean that~" Kyojuro was cut off "Yes I want to see you two have a sparring" Shinjiro said. 'A sparring huh?' Aika's thought
.
.
.
" you know, Kyojuro you really don't need to send me back" Aika said stopping at the front of Uyabushiki State "I like to do it so don't worry about it" Kyojuro said then he became quiet for a few second "do you want to say something?" Aika ask

"Thank you...I don't know what you old to my father but he's starting to become his usual self" Kyojuro said looking at Aika but she notice the tears that he's holding back.

Noticing this Aika suddenly hug Kyojuro that startle him "I told you didn't I everything will be fine" Aika said she then feel a pair of arm around her waist. Kyojuro hugging you back and pitting his head in your shoulder.

The two of them stay in that position for a while before breaking the hug. "Good night Aika" He said "Good night to you too"

***************

Thanks for reading the Chapter 21 ::>_<::
Stay Safe and Take Care Everyone. *^▁^*