Chapter 23: 2-3 Years!?

3rd Person's POV

Rengoku's State

"Aika, I don't know how to thank you enough for this gift" Kyojuro said still hugging Aika. "You don't need to, it is my thank you gift after all" Aika said putting her hand in Kyojuro's back and hugging him back.
.
.
She suddenly grip at Kyojuro's clothes, and stated to breathe heavily. Kyojuro who notice the unusual quietness of Aika. Ask her if something is wrong but only silence answer his question.

Aika's POV

'Why? Why? Did my body is hurting now. I did take my pain killer this morning right... No I just remember'

FLASH BACKS

Butterfly State

"Hello!" I said entering the Butterfly State. "Ara! Aika-san" Shinobu said "My! Nice seeing you again Aika" Kanae said "I just stop by to get the next set of pain killer, I just used the last one last night" I said.

"Of course! You can get it over that table" Kanae said pointing at the table. I then walks over to the table "Are you going to the Rengoku's State again" Shinobu ask. "Yes! " I said with a little blush on my cheeks" "My, my you two are really close".

I was about to inject myself when suddenly "Kanae-sama, Shinobu-sama" the Kakushi burat through the door and when he me "oh and Aika-sama" "what happen" Shinobu ask "three demon slayer who is gravely injured are in the infirmary now, we already give them the first aid, but their pulses is declining every seconds.

Hearing this I unknowingly put down the syringe and eun over to the ifirmary to help Kanae and Shinobu to treat the three young demon slayer.

END OF FLASH BACKS

3rd Person's POV

Aika who still gripping Kyojuro's clothes because of the pain she is experiencing now, hear a sound indicating of her system.

*Bing
Transferring Progress...

'No!...not now, what a bad timing, it just going to add up to the pain' she thought. Kyojuro who is now very worried of her silence. He try to break the hug to see her face but because Aika is holding on Kyojuro tightly. He couldn't push Aika to break their position "what's the matter? Is there something wrong"

Transferring...23%

In that moment another surge of pain was she feel making her to be unconscious. Her hands fall from her grip and about to fall but Kyojuro catch her. Shock on what sudden happening "Aika? ...Aika! " He shout. His voice was heard to their entire household.

"Nii-chan, what happened? " Senjuro said followed from the back is their father. Senjuro cast his eyes to the girl who is lying on the ground that waa on his brothers arms. "Kyojuro is it the curse" His father ask him kneeling down beside him. "No, father her curse only happens when she told someone about the future and it only affect her throat" Kyojuro said explaining to his father.

"Moshi! Mosh!" Shinobu said arriving gaining the attention of the three gentleman. Shinobu gaze fall to Aika's unconscious body "Ha!!  Aika-san" she immediately approach her and kneep down beside her.

"Your just in the right time Kocho" Kyojuro said "she just suddenly faint, Do you know what happened to her" He ask. "I'll explain later" Shinobi said taking one of the syringes with pain killer and inject it to her. The three Rengoku is just staring and observing Shinobu and Aika.

Soon after Aika's breathing is back to normal."she will be fine, she just need a little rest and she will wake up soon" Shinobu said reassuring the three boys.

Inside the Rengoku's household Aika is currently laying on a futon in one of the room taking her nap. Meanwhile on the other room Senjuro brought some tea for Shnobu who is sitting on the other side of the room while Shinjiro is sitting on the other side, sitting beside him is his two son. The three of them waiting for the explanation of the insect hashira.

"Please forgive me for my sudden intrusion to your residence" Shinobu said bowing to Shinjiro "it's alright, but I know it wasn't my place to ask this but Aika...that child has become a part of our family. In a short amount of time she already given a lot to our family. That is why I...we want to know the reason of what just happened earlier?" Shinjiro said in a very calm and respectful voice.

Kyojuro who was quiet the whole time just keep thinking of her and worried. He is patiently waiting for Shinobu's explanation for the girl she love hold dear to faint.

Shinobu slowly take her time to sip the tea Senjuro prepared for her. "Well Aika-san did tell me and my sister thay it is not a secret so I think I can tell what we know about her condition"

"Aika-san conditions is where her body is in constant pain, as you can see what I injected to her is a pain killer, she is suppose to have it this morning but a certain event happened that made her to forgot about it. That is why I immediately bring the it here but I think I was too late"

"You said that it's only a pain killer" Kyojuro said "yes because there's no cure, she said so herself but she also said that her condition or the pain will eventually stop, but of course there will be a time when the pain killers will not work anymore. As the time pass I know that the the dosage that she need to take to ease the pain will increase. Since her condition getting worst each time passes"

The three was just shock at what they heard "then why is she still working as a demon slayer. She clearly needs to rest?" "Uyakata-sama knows about this facts but Aika-san beg the master to keep her job as a demon slayer. She said that her purpose in this world is to help the corps.she promise that her condition will not affect her job as demon slayer and as a Hashira"

"Shinobu...How long...How long can Aika's body can endure the pain" Kyojuro ask her clearly he doesn't want to hear the answer but in any possibility. The thought of her dying is already making his heart to ache so much. Shinjiro and Senjuro who is waiting for her answer.

Shinobu eye's widen to the sudden question of Kyojuro. She knows and everyone knows how much important Aika is to him. She look down and sadly said " two or three years, but it will still depends on her so please let's not think about that to happen and we never know her condition might improve one of this days.

***************

Thanks for reading the Chapter 23 ::>_<::

I just want to let everyone who is reading this book that I speed writing the draft chapter for this book. Right now I have a draft until chapter 28. I need to write everything fast because I'm starting to feel that my hype for demon slayer is starting to subside and I don't want to make this book a "discontinued" just because I don't feel like writing anymore. So as always I'll be posting one chapter every week but once I finished whole draft chapter, I'll be publishing it in one go.

Oh and I also want to let anyone know that the Mugen train Arc is the climax part for this book so after it, it pretty much the end. So until then bear with me! 🙏😔

Don't forget to vote or comments! #^_^#
Stay Safe and Take Care Everyone. *^▁^*