Chapter20: Boundries

Hailee's POV:

I am so worried as y/n was not replying to my texts. I texted him last night and there's no reply yet but he read it.
'I can't take it anymore, i am going to his house'
i said to myself and got up from the bed.

When i arrived at y/n's house i rang the doorbell nonstop. I kept knocking aggressively. But there was no response.
'Omg! Is he alright' i thought to myslef.
I stood there for around 15 minutes. 'Chris must know where is
y/n.'
When i went to Chris's House, he was taking to someone on his phone. He gestured me to wait.
"Yeah,alright...hey listen" he said on his phone trying to walk away from me. "Hailee's here" he whispered on his phone which i heard. Who is it? Is it y/n?. I thought to myself.
"Are you sure y/n?" Chris said still trying to keep his voice low. Yes i was right that's y/n. But why didn't he answered my calls?.
"dude i don't think that's right...okay,take care... bye" he said hanging up the call.

I don't know what they were talking about but i am sure it was related to me.
"Sup" Chris came waking towards me.
"Hey.. what was y/n saying?" I asked.
"Y/n? About what?" He asked.
"You were taking to him just now right?" I asked.
"No it was not y/n" Chris said faking a laugh. I was already worried about y/n and now they are playing games with me. I tried to control my anger but i lost it.
"Chris don't fucking lie to me, i heard you saying his name while talking. I am worried about him since last night. He is not picking up my calls, not answering my texts and i was knocking at his door for 30 minutes. I came here thinking you would tell me where y/n is but you are lying. I don't know what you guys are trying to do but that's hurting me. Why? Because i care?"
I shouted at him. He looked down in guilt.
"Hailee i am so sorry but i promised him i can't tell you anything even though i want to" he said still looking down.
"Fuck you, fuck y/n. You guys are real assholes" i shouted leaving his house.

I was crying all the way to my apartment. I know i shouldnt have shouted at chris. I was so mad at y/n. He should have said if he didn't like me back. But why is he ignoring me. I should text him one last time.

Y/n's POV:

I was working on my pc, trying to find something on Russo. I still didn't got anything. I didn't slept last night and it was 7 in the morning. I decided to get some sleep. Then i heard someone ringing my doorbell and banging on my door. I went to open the door furiously. When my hand was on the door knob i heard a similar euphonic voice. "Y/n, its me hailee. Open the door please" it said.
I pulled away immediately. Why are you here haiz. I told you its not safe for you. I am ignoring you for your good. As long as Russo is alive we can't be together. Not that i am scared of him, i am scared of what he does to my loved ones. She kept on knocking and i felt her presence for almost half an hour.

Then she left. I knew she would go to chris so i immediately called Chris and told him that if hailee comes to him asking about me, tell her that he doesn't know. While we were on call she arrived at chris's house. He tried to sort things out but i refused.

I lied on my bed and hailee was the only thing on my mind. What if she start hating me. What if she moves on. What is she find someone else. In every scenario she would be safe atleast. She would be happy and that's what I want

I was about to fall asleep when my phone started vibrating with text notifications. It was hailee again. Come on haiz i am not this worthy. I said to myself.

Haiz💫:
Y/n its okay if you dont like me back.
I can understand. You don't have to feel sorry.
Please don't ignore me. We can still be friends if you want. I promise i will stay in my boundries.
Please reply.

Her words were stinging me,breaking me. I don't know if i should i reply her or not. But its not safe for her to be with me. Chris can defend himself but hailee....
Then i finally decided to reply her.

:y/n/n❤
I will see you in school tomorrow.

I closed my phone and kept it aside. Then my phone started ringing. I thought it was hailee but it was chris.

"Hey whats up?" I said.
"Are you okay?" He asked.
"Yeah why would i not be okay?" I faked a laugh which he understood.
"Y/n give her a chance, she likes you more than anything. " Chris said
"I know that. But she won't be safe with me not until Russo is alive. I can't repeat the same mistakes" i said
"It's up to you bro. Anyways I've got a news for you" chris said
"Please tell me that the news is Russo"
"Yes it is" Chris said

Author's note:
What could be the news on Russo.?
What was hailee's reaction after our reply.
Stay tuned
Don't forget to give a star.