Chapter24: Trust You

Hailee's POV:
I woke up next morning, missing y/n's embrace. I quickly got up.
"Y/n" i called, still sitting on bed.
"Y/n/n" i called again, rubbing my eyes.
He came in with a tray in his hand.
"Good morning haiz" he said setting the tray, next to me.
"Where were you?" I asked him with a pout.
"I made you breakfast" he said by pointing the tray and rolling his eyes.
"How long have you been awake?" I asked.
"I wake up at 6am every morning." He said. "2hours now" he continued looking at the clock.
"Why didn't you wake me up?" I asked.
"I didn't want to disturb you plus you looked so cute while sleeping" he said pinching my cheeks playfully.
"Have you..." he cut me off saying
"Nhmm. No more questions. Have your breakfast and get ready or we will be late for our school"

I got ready for the school.
"Y/n/n, hurry up" i called him as he was still getting ready. He didn't responded. I opened the door and got in. He was standing infront of the mirror shirtless. He was applying some kind of ointment on his wounds.
"I'll be there in a minute" he said looking me through the mirror.
I slowly walked towards him and hugged him from his back and wrapping my arms around his waist as my head rests his back. I didnt pull back.
"Haiz" he called me showing the tube of ointment in his hand.
I kissed his neck and still kept hugging. He sighed before continuing with the wounds.

"Let's go" he said while grabbing his shirt. I unwrapped my arms and pulled away from his back.

"Hey cupcake" y/n called me as i opened the car's door.
"Yeah?" I turned around.
"Be aware okay. I don't know how many eyes we have on us" he said.
"I am not afraid as long as i am with you." i said with a smile.
His smile dropped. He opened the door and help me get seated.
'Did i say something wrong?'

Y/n's POV:

"Be aware okay. I don't know how many eyes we have on us" i said to hailee
"I am not afraid as long as i am with you" she said with a cute smile.
I should be proud that she trusts me but i was not. That reminded me of selena. Selena trusted me with her life and i was not worthy of her trust.
I started driving. Hailee was quiet.
"Hailee" i called her and she hummed.
I hold her hand and pulled it closer.
"I am sorry" i said kissing her hand.
"No y/n/n. Why are you sorry. Its okay. Dont be sorry. I am..."
"Yes hailee, i am sorry. THIS IS A VERY SERIOUS MATTER. YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON THIS. YOU CAN'T TRUST ME WITH YOUR LIFE. SOMEONE ELSE DID THE SAME AND I FAILED THEM." I scolded her, I shouted at her. Instead of getting scared she hold my hand even tighter and with both of her hands.
"I feel you y/n. No matter what you say, I'll still trust you. I'll Trust you with my life and trust that you are going to sort everything out real soon." She said giving my hand a little squeeze.
I didn't said anything. My eyes started to water.
"I'll wait as long as you want me to. I Will not go anywhere because i know i will not find anyone like you. I can't fall in love with anyone else y/n/n. Yes, I love you y/n. I love you so much. I don't even want you to say that back. I know you need time so i never wanted to say that but you gave me no more options just now." We both were quiet till we arrived to our school.
"I'll keep texting you so don't worry about me and stay focused." She said as she kissed my cheek before climbing out of the car.

I was still in the car just gathering what all happened in just a small drive.
Hailee said she loves me. She knows everything what i want to say or what i am hiding. It's like she reads my mind.
'Fuck.. Russo why won't you die soon' i slammed the car door.
"Woah! Calm down bro" chris said from behind.
I just raised my brow to greet him. He pulled me into a hug.
"Everything will be okay soon" he said while pulling out off the hug.
I gave him a tight lip smile before we left for our respective classes.

I got a text from hailee during my class.
Haiz🧁:
Hey
I'm done with my arts class.
See you in math class😘.

After half an hour i headed to my math class. I saw hailee waiting for me inside already. She waved at me as i entered the class. I sat down next to her. She grabbed my hand from under the desk and kept holding it for the whole period.
She loves me so much. I said to myself.
I like her too. But love..? I am telling her that i will be all hers when i finally deal with Russo. But Russo it's not the only reason. I am feeling guilty. I loved selena and she loved me. What would she feel when i start dating with someone else when she died. Wouldn't that make me a liar? A traitor? I have Selena's mom's blessing anyway. But still..'Oh god i hope there's some way in which you can answer my doubts' i was pulled out of my thoughts when i heard the bell ring.

"Y/n/n. Let's go chris must be waiting for lunch" she said cheerfully, pulling me from my seat.
"Okay okay lets go" I let out a giggle seeing her excitement.

Author's Note:
Aren't we an overthinker?
Why is Russo not doing anything?
Is he planning something dangerous.
You have to stay tuned to know that.
Don't forget to give a star.