Chapter21: Next Level

Y/n's POV:

"Please tell me that the news is russo" i said.
"Yes its about russo" chris said.
"Tell me" i asked.
"Well i spotted him last night and i followed him. I think i might know where he lives." He said
"That's great let's go" i said.
"Calm down y/n. There's still one problem." Chris said.
"Now what is it?" I sighed
"I am not sure if thats his house" chris said.
"I dont get it" i said confused.
"Ahh! Leave it lets go there tonight" he said.
"Alright see you tonight. Take care"i said
"You too take care and..." i cut him off
"Okay bye". I said and hung up. I know he was about to say something about hailee. I was so tired do i fell asleep very soon.

Hailee's POV:

I finally texted y/n after a long debate with myslef. I hope he replies this time.
I got busy in my works, when i heard a notification ring on my phone. It must be y/n i rushed and picked up my phone from the table opening the message. It was y/n.

Y/n/n❤:
I'll see you in school tomorrow.

I sighed in relief as he atleast replied to me. What does that mean?. He doesnt like me? Because he replied when i said we can be friends. Maybe he wants us to stay as friends. But i thought he liked me. That night when he stayed here at my room. What was all that. I was so sad thinking about it. Before his text, the memories from that night used to give me chills, make me blush and so happy. But now it is making me sad. Y/n do you not really like me. I thought to myslef as a tear rolled down from my eye.
'Its okay hailee. He is a good friend. Maybe he needs time. I should respect his privacy. No flirting, no getting so close etc. Unless he is ready'. I said to myslef.
But what if he is ready but not for me.
I cant stop thinking about him. The one who can answer all of my questions is y/n. I will try to clear everything tomorrow without hurting him. 'I got this' i tried to keep myself busy so i dont think about y/n..

Y/n's POV:

After getting ready, i picked up chris from his house. We were on our way to the russo's house.
"Did you talk to hailee?" Chris asked
"About what?" I asked.
"You know y/n, what i am talking about". He sighed.
"Well...i said i will meet her in school".
"So you are going to tell her about your feelings aren't you?" He asked excitedly.
"Depends" was all i said.
"Depends on what y/n" he asked frustrated.
"Chris i told you i cant be with hailee. Not if russo is alive." I said trying to stay calm. He just nodded in agreement.

We arrived to the location where chris saw russo with a girl. We were surprised to see as there was no security. There was only one guard for the whole big house. We easily knocked out the guard and entered in. It was late night so whoever russo was living with, might be sleeping. We slowly sneaked in. We opened a locked door and see an old couple sleeping. Who could it be. I thought they might be russo's parents. Chris immediately closed the door pulling me outside.
"Dont think of that" he warned me.
Damn he knows me well.i smiled at my own thought
"There is another room upstairs" he said and we climbed upstairs.
We opened a door and we see a girl sitting against the headboard of the bed using her phone. She was about to yell but i pulled out my katana from back.
"Dont you dare scream". I warned her.
"She was with russo the other day" chris said.
"Where is russo?" I asked getting close to her and pointing my katana to her.
"I...i... dont know..any russo" she said.
"You are lying" i got even closer and now my katana was touching her neck.
Chris was looking around in the room.
"Hey look at this" chris said pulling my attention. He was holding a photo frame in his hand. It was a photo of the girl with russo.
"So you are her girlfriend arent you?" I asked. She didnt replied.
"What did i ask?" I asked angrily making her scared. "Y..yes" she said, shivering.
"For selena" i whisper shouted and was about to slice her head off when chris stopped me. He pulled me back and hit hard on my hand as the katana fell off my hand.
"Have you lost it y/n" he asked grabbing me by my shoulders.
"She didnt do anything" he continued
"Selena did nothing too. But where is she now" i yelled at him. I was emotional he know that so he just hugged me.
"It doesnt work this way dude" he said pulling back from the hug.
Then i saw the girl trying to make an escape. She was about to open the door. I threw a dagger which hit her hand on the door knob,making her bleed. Chris facepalmed.
"Atleast she is alive" i said to chris and ran towards the girl. "Where's Russo?" I asked. She wasnt answering anything. She was just crying as her hand was bleeding. Then we heard a chopper landing on the house and so many guards surrounding her house.
"Russo's here" i said pulling out both of the katanas. I was about to jump off the window to take a fight. Chris stopped me. "What now" i asked frustrated.
"We cant fight them" he said.
"I'll handle it alone you dont....."
"No y/n. We dont even know if russo is here." Chris said.
"Let's go" he continued.
Maybe he is right. We were not prepared for a fight like this plus we don't even know if Russo is here.

We made our escape. I dropped chris at his home and went back to mine. Another day another failure. I think we did a mistake. We took this to whole new level by involving his girlfriend. 'Who cares. Now he will not hide atleast' i said to myself. Then suddenly i got a thought about hailee. Fuck, now she is in real danger. I should stay away from her. She is going to hate me when i don't meet her at the school tomorrow.

Author's note:
Hope you are enjoying.
We are closer to the finale.
Don't forget to give a star.