Chapter26: He Needs me

Y/n's POV:

"Hailee".I ran outside calling her name.
"Y/n" she yelled from inside of a car.

She was kidnapped by some men who took her in a car.
I quickly got in my car and started following them.
I had a pistol in my hand but i didnt wanted to use it as hailee was inside that car too.

I followed them for a long time before we reached on some deserted area. I peeked out of my car window with my pistol and shot their tyres. The car crashed onto a lamp post on the side of the road. The men came out of the car and charged on me.
I knocked all of them easily. I rushed towards the car to check on hailee. She came out but a goon held a knife on her neck.
"Y/n/n" she cried.
"Get the fuck away from her" i yelled.
"Dont.. dont you dare take a step forward or I'll ki...." a shield came flying and hit the goon's hand, dropping the knife. I quickly picked up the knife.
"Hailee you okay?" I asked hugging her and my eyes scanning her fully to see if she is okay.
"I am okay y/n" she said pulling out from the hug.
"How did you know i was here?" I asked walking towards chris.
"You know that guy" hailee asked from behind.
"I came to your house for hanging out when i saw you driving away swiftly. I thought you must be in danger so i came prepared. " chris said pulling off his mask.
"Evans" hailee shouted in shock.
"You guys are.."
"Yeah yeah its not the time haiz" i cut her off.

Then we saw the man who tried to kill hailee trying to make an escape.
I ran towards him and caught him
"Please dont kill me please" he pleaded.
"Why should i not?" I asked holding the knife against his eye.
"I..I..please i have a wife and children" he said crying when i was about to poke his eyeball out but i stopped.
"Mmm.okay but i have one condition" i said and he kneeled down
"Anything" he said.
"Tell me Who sent you?" I asked putting the knife back.
"I..i cant. They will kill me" he said.
"Well, what do you think I am going to do right now?" I said moving back the knife closer to his eye.
"Russo. Billy russo sent me" he said and i pulled back my knife.
"What does he want with her?" I asked
"He.. he was going to kill her by himself so he wanted her alive" the goon said.
"And where is russo now?" I asked
He didnt said anything.
"What did i ask?" I yelled at him
"He is at a park 12 kms away from here" he yelled in defence.
"Please let me go" he continued.
"Okay"i said and i cut off his wrist.
He screamed so loud in pain.

"Y/n/n" hailee came shouting at me
"He told everything to you then why did you do that?" She asked
"He held a knife on your neck with that hand" i shrugged.
"Y/n/n that's.." she tried to say something and i ignored.
"Chris please take her home" I said looking at chris.
"Where are you going?" Chris and hailee asked at the same time.
"To kill russo." I said with a shrug.
"I am coming with you" hailee said.
"Chris please take her back" i said to chris,ignoring hailee.
"Y/n/n..." hailee tried to say something but chris cut her off by saying
"Hailee lets go home." He then turned towards me "I'll be there after I make sure she is safe".
"No chris- please,y/n/n.." she tried to argue but i grabbed her hand and made her sit in chris's car.
"I will be back soon" i said and kissed hailee's cheek. She crossed her arms and pouted.
"If anything happens to you, I'll.." she said pointing at me angrily.
"I got it cupcake just go home" i said before she completed her sentence and kissed her on her cheek.

Chris and hailee drove away. I got in my car and and headed towards the park where Russo is waiting.

Hailee's POV:

"Chris why can't i come with you guys? I promise i will do whatever you and y/n say" i said not getting out of the car.
"Don't act like a child hailee. This is not a joke. Our lives depend on it." Chris said and i huffed.
I climbed out of the car and slammed the car door behind me.
"Don't worry about y/n hailee". Chris said.
I stood near the house enterance. Chris didn't drove off yet. When i got back near the car, I heard him talking to someone on his phone.

'My y/n/n needs me' I said to myself and slowly climbed in the back seat of the car. I thought Chris would hear me but thank god he didn't. I lied down on the back seat so Chris couldn't notice me while driving. After like 5 minutes, his call ended and he started driving.

We arrived at the park after around 30 minutes of drive. Chris climbed down from drivers seat. He came back to open the back seat door to take his gear.
"Hi" i said, smiling and he jumped out scared.
"What the fuck are you doing here hailee" he whisper shouted.
"I-thought-I.."
"Just shut up and stay in here. I can't go back to drop you. Y/n needs my help". Chris said.
"He needs OUR help" i said climbing out of the car which he didn't let me.
"Stay inside hailee. Y/n will kill me" He said and locked the door. I tried my best to open it but i wasn't able to unlock it.
"Damn it chris " i shouted but he left ignoring me.

'What do i do. Think hailee'. I was inside for more than 15 minutes.
Then i saw a small rod kind of thing in chris's bag. I pulled it out and started hitting the car window with it. The window was now breaking. I broke it enough so i could get out of it. I carefully got out of the window.
"Phew" i sighed in relief. Then i saw a man running. He stopped when he saw me.
"You are hailee right?" He asked.
"Yes" i said scrunching my brows in confusion.
"That's great" he said and he started laughing like a maniac.

Author's Note:
Who was the man?
Next chapter is the finale.
Hope you enjoyed this so far.
Stay tuned for the finale.
Don't forget to give a star.