ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟠

I felt a chill run down my spine when I looked back, it was the same black van I saw at the hospital and the airport. No way, it might be an entirely different van altogether.

But I can't deny that whenever I see it, it scares me. I felt like I was being watched and that creeps me out. Alex called out for me and I ran toward him. The van is still in my mind. My heart is beating so fast that I swear that other people can hear it going.

We first went to the X shop. It is a clothes store and all the pretty dresses are kept on display. When we stepped inside, a man wearing the company's shirt approached us and asked if we needed help. Armando told him to show dresses that were of my size.

We then chose some clothes and roamed about the shop, talking about our hobbies and the things we loved to do for fun. It turns out that Alex and I had a lot in common. We both liked gaming, chocolate ice cream, our favorite cartoon character, and much more. 

Meanwhile, Armando kept looking behind and watching the corners, I wonder why? Alex then told me to close my eyes and he pushed me from behind.

"Where are we going?" I asked, but Alex didn't say a word and only snickered. Then we walked and walked and then stood still for at least 10 min with him still closing my eyes tightly.

"There we go! open your eyes" He whispered into my ear and jumped in surprise.

We were inside the Apple store, and the white walls along with the lights blind my eyes, Again.

But why the hell did they bring me here?

"This is for you, Hope you like it," Armando said, putting the product in my face. When I got to see what he brought, I swear that I almost shed tears. It was the latest apple iPhone 13 pro max along with a mac book. Is this even real? Am I dreaming? 

I never had a phone before(yeah, hard to believe) so this is a first. I always felt envy towards my friends who had them but now I have one too.

"Really? Are you really giving this to me?" I asked, still in disbelief.

"Yup, why you don't like it? Shall I get another one?" Armando asked, checking around to see which product I would like.

"No no, I- I love it. I like it so muchhhh," My voice wavered at the end, and the dam burst.

Both Alex and Armando panicked as I hid my face with my hands. Alex patted my back as Armando disappeared? 

We went outside the store so I could continue crying and sniffing like an idiot.

Then, Armando came back with ice cream in his hands. He is panting as if he ran all around the mall. Just then, I saw the Ice cream store down on the ground floor. Wait, isn't this the 4th floor? He really did run all the way! what a great brother I have.

"Done crying now? I didn't know that my Lil sis is emotional~," Alex teased.

"I'm not usually like that," I retorted. 

"Now, now. Let's go and eat. I'm starving," Armando said, rubbing his belly.

We went to MacDonald's and Alex chose the menu like a happy kid. We got burgers and fries and a bunch of other stuff.

"Viv" Alex called.

"Yeah?"

"Do you know when your schools starting?" 

"Uhhh, no?" I said, the thought of school completely passed my mind.

"Yeah, about that, You will be going to the same school as us. Oakleaf Academy." Armando said. No, no. I do not want to go to school. Not the horror of meeting new people.

Alex took the phone and set it up and gave it to me.

I took and then downloaded subway surfers, I liked the game a lot.

"Hey I have to go to the washroom, I'll be back," I said and quickly hurried off.

There I took out the phone and added Chrissy's number. She is my best friend and the only one who understands me the most. I didn't call her after the fire, she must be worried.

I dialed the number and after 5 clicks she picked it up.

"YOLO, who's this?" A loud voice rang from the phone.

"Chrissy, It's me,"

"Who?"

"You best friend?"

"Oh, oh. WAIT VIVIAN!??"

"Yup, I'm sorry I couldn't call yo-"

"Holy shit, bitch where the fuck are you? I tried so much to contact you but you just disappeared. Are you okay? Are you hurt? I am so so sorry for your loss. I even went to the hospital and all but they just wouldn't let me know," She ranted on and on

"Yes, yes. I'm okay. My dad took me in and now I live in Florida,"

"Flo-Florida? Am I hearing that right?"

"Yeah, I know this is crazy but it just happened," I tried to answer

"Hey, I have to get going, my brothers are waiting," I said, urging her to cut the call before it gets too late.

"Uh, brothers? BROTHERS? with an s? wait-wait," She breathed in disbelief.

"I will tell you everything later, I really have to goo," and I cut the call.

I went back to the place they were sitting, I really hope they don't ask what took me so long.

"Yoo, what took you soo long?" Alex asked. Just what I hoped!

"Bad stomach," I laughed it off.

 The reason why I talked with my bestie in secret is that I should not talk to her at all. According to my mother, she is a crazy person who will put all kinds of crazy ideas in me and turn me into a hooligan? I dunno, but since then, I never talked with her outside or within earshot.

"Okay, let's resume our shopping. where shall we go next?" Armando asked, he looks kinda cheerful now, earlier his eyebrows were knitted together as if he were mad.

We went to a store and started my hunt for good dresses to wear. I have to fill my wardrobe, you see. 

I looked around the store, going from section to section to find which clothes suit me the best. I found a lovely baby blue floral print dress that is there on the rack. It's totally my style, I just have to try it on. Alex was already bored by this, so he went ahead and sat down on the chair and played games on his phone.

I took the dress and went to the trail room while Armando picked out a few tops to try on. After trying on the dress, I came outside and showed it to Alex.

"Looks good, we'll take that. Here try this on," Alex gave me another hoodie with writing on it. Does he like hoodies that much?  Well, it is comfortable and stylish.

Then, I noticed a man wearing all black, his blonde hair peaking from his cap, slowly approaching. Alex too noticed the guy and frowned but he immediately turned back and went back to playing games on his phone. It's nothing, you just think wayyy too much, Viv. Just relax and enjoy the time.

I went back inside the dressing room and started changing when I heard a series of grunts from outside. What? I quickly changed and slowly peeked outside. That man is lying on the ground, and groaning with pain. WTF! I closed the door and took a breather, I must be imagining things again. None of this is real, your subconsciousness is playing a trick on you.

Or is it?