ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟞

It is late at night now and I'm not getting any sleep, and if I wake up then there is no way I can go back to sleep immediately.

I walked up towards the terrace and sat on the swing, enjoying the night air.

"Viv?" A  sound comes from behind me. I turn around to see dad coming from the rooftop door. He wore black pants and a black shirt.

"Dad, what are you doing here?" I questioned, he had a three-hour meeting that he missed before because of me. He must be so tired.

"What are YOU doing here instead of sleeping?" He asked and sat down next to me.

The cold breeze of the night brushed my face and I hummed in response.

"So, what happened?" He probed,

"Dad, whatever the punishment is, I'll accept it," I quickly said, better to get it done over with. Grounding me or taking away junk food for like 3 weeks is okay but please, please don't let him take away my phone or make me do my 20 unfinished assignments.

"It's not about the punishment Vivian, I came here to see how you're doing," he professed.

"Well, I'm fine," I say, honestly, not really. I've been thinking about the thing that Rosa said to me before the fight. It's bothering me a lot and that's the reason that I couldn't sleep.

"I know you're not, your little finger twitches when you lie. So tell me honestly, what is bothering you?" He remarked and looked me straight in the eye.

How the hell did he know that?

I sigh, there is nothing that I can't hide from this man, he just knows me too well.

"Uhmm, Rosa sa-said something during the fight and that irritates me a lot," I say without disclosing too much about it.

"Whatever that girl said, don't take it to heart. It's only to incite you. It means nothing," He implied

"Don't take it to heart? Dad, she said that I'm an illegitimate child and that's why she ran away!" I yelped, it hurts so bad. What if I'm not dad's real child? Am I a fake then? I can't bear the thought of it. My eyes start to well up and tears fall down my cheeks. I started sobbing and covered my face with my hands. 

Well, it's quite embarrassing to cry in front of your parent.

He stayed quiet for a moment, he didn't move. I looked up at him to see his reaction, his eyes were narrowed down and his fist clenched. His jaw tightened and his muscles bulged out, dear god he is angry as the flames of hell.

"Dad?" I asked but he didn't respond,

"Dad?" I called out again, this time he looked at me and gently patted my hair and wiped away my lone tear.

"What she said is wrong, I know that. I have no idea why Alissa left but I'm sure she had a different reason. Don't cry okay? You'll forever be my daughter, my Principessa," He side-hugged me and kissed my forehead. Hearing his words, I started crying again. I going to get him a 'best father ever' cup.

 "I got a little something for you," He pulled back and dug into his pocket, took out a small black box, and handed it over to me. I opened it to find a necklace. I gasped, "for me?" I asked, he nodded and took the necklace out. It's a simple one with an oval-cut emerald pendant. It looks perfect.

He then opened the hook and put the necklace on me, I touched it and never felt so happy in my life. Tears welled up in my eyes and I cried yet again, sniffling.

Well, I'm not that dumb to know that there's a tracker inside it but my feelings at the moment took over me. I'm sure that there is a reason why he put it in there. What Rosa said about mom and the guilt of letting my family down washed away as I touched the pendant.

****************

I woke up the next day with puffy eyes, well at least I feel better. If I didn't bottle up my feelings then I would be suffering a lot now.

I slid on the banisters and reached downstairs, where Dante is waiting along with my two annoying brothers.

They were talking in Spanish and whispering to each other. Looks like they are talking about something important. This always happens you know, every time that I'm not looking they talk in some other language and completely ignore me like I'm invisible. Sometimes I even hear words like 'blood', 'dead', 'deals', 'guns', and more stuff like that. But it's better not to question them, I did that once and all I got were disapproving looks.

"Can't you come a little faster next time Viv, we have like 10 more minutes left for school," Armando scolded me, surprisingly Dante stayed quiet and we headed towards school.

I convinced my dad to let me go to school today, I don't want to hole up in my room and watch k-dramas(I kinda do), but I want to check myself if I got selected for basketball. It's super important to me.

Throughout the whole car ride, I kept yawning and dozing off. But when we reached school though, I understood staying at home is better than being here right now.

A/N

Heyy guys! I wanted to surprise you with another update. I know that It's really short but as I said in my previous chap, tomorrow is my death day. Didn't proof-read so excuse me for my bad grammar. Please pray for me and vote and comment too