Hard decisions.

Part of the hardest decisions a person has to make in life is choosing someone's happiness over their own, it's always very hard especially if the person is very dear to you, which brings me to where I am now.

After hearing Alexi's words I was stunned, I had to go for a walk and we're technically not allowed to ever leave the facilities building but of course some people break that rule once in a while while some don't want the trouble of having to sneak past security who are always tempted to punish someone for the stupidest of reasons.

But it's always worth the trouble, the correctional facility is hidden on an island for some reason, maybe so we can't be able to escape but nonetheless the view is always fascinating, especially now as I'm standing in front of the the sea, it's dark and the stars are shining so beautifully and reflecting on the sea  making the it look so magnificent.

The sea has always intrigued me, it's just unpredictable, sometimes it could get wild with it's waves and currents, and sometimes it remains calm and relaxing just like it is right now which really helps me to think.

I remember the day I was being taken away, the day my family found me at that park with a bunch of police officers surrounding them, the moment the police explained the false truth to them they turned a blind and deaf ears on me and refused to listen to my side of the story, they refused to see the truth in me.

But mom did, she always did.

Flash back

I looked around me tears streaming out of my eyes as I sobbed quite pitifully while the police continued to ask me a bunch of weird questions while I kept my head down trying to ignore their questions but they persisted.

"Why did you kill those people" was the one question that stood out and it's wasn't because I was the one who did it, no it was because the voice that asked it belonged to none other than my father.

I looked up to him with hope in my eyes, desperate for anyone to actually listen to what I was going to say but the stoic expression on his face gave anything but the hope I was looking for.

"D..dad, I sw...swear I d...d..."I struggled to talk when my dad cut in angrily.

"Silence, do you think I'm stupid to believe any lie that you might spew out of your mouth?" To say I was shocked was an understatement, I felt hurt and a huge load of surprise.

Dad always listened to me, what the hell happened to him were my thoughts as I abruptly grabbed his arm and held onto it tight.

"Dad please just listen to me, please" I crocked out while sobbing and looking into his eyes, for a moment I saw a flash of regret in his eyes but it was gone just as fast as it came making me think I had imagined it.

"There is nothing that you have to say that I will listen to, you have shamed this family" he starts gesturing to my brothers behind him who I never noticed were there.

Before he could continue, I rushed over to my brothers thinking that if dad wasn't going to listen, my brother's definitely would.

Definitely.

"You guys have to listen to me, I did nothing wrong, please tell dad" They all stared down at me without an ounce of care in their eyes.

"Relic, we can't help you, not when you've killed all those people, and why would we want to help a monster like you?"  My jaw dropped and I stared gaping at Alexi, how could he say that? I didn't kill them, I'm not a...

"Monster?" I whispered softly, fresh new tears streaming out of my eyes.

Without giving me an answer, my brothers turned around and began to walk away, sealing my faith, I didn't have a father anymore, I didn't have brothers, I didn't have a family, with each second, I realized that they didn't love me anymore, and at that moment,every bond I thought I had with them felt broken.

As I watched them leave, two pairs of arms cought me in a tight grip as I was being hauled away to God knows where, I didn't struggle, I had already given up so I closed my eyes and hanged my head using my hair to cover my face as tears fell out my eyes.

Suddenly I heard a voice that sounded familiar scream my name, mom? my head abruptly snapped up to look at my mom who struggled to get out of my brother's grips, all six of them tried to stop her from coming to me but she still fought against them.

"Let me go, Relic, Relic baby I'm right here, I'm coming, let me go you idiots" yelled my mom who was still struggling with my brothers, I suddenly got a burst of adrenaline and by some miracle, I was able to break free from the annoying police that were holding me back.

And as if on cue, my broke free from my brothers hold and I ran to her, and hugged her mid way.

"Mom, please you can't let them take me away, please" I sobbed into her warm homey arms as she also cried with me.

"I know honey, I know you didy do it, I'm not letting them take you away" she replied warmly as she robbed soothing circles onto my back. For a moment, I forgot the commotion surrounding us, my heartless brothers who never actually loved me, a father who didn't want anything to do with me and the persistent police who were adamant to take me to God knows where.

And finally, right in my arms, a loving mother who would do anything for me.

But that moment of peace didn't last as much as I wanted it to, I was suddenly ripped away from my mother and dragged away by the police while my mum were held back by the strangers I once called family.

"Mom help me please" I screamed in internal agony as she stared at me with pained tears in her eyes.

"Let me go" were the last words I heard her say before I was pushed into a police car.

End of flashback.

I wipe my eyes as I remember those events like it were yesterday, it's always been a sensitive topic for me and nobody really knows why I'm here.

Anyway, It was a good idea for me to come out to the sea shore and think because I know what I want to do now.

I'm going back to mom.

~•~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Hello my lovely readers, firstly I would like to say I'm terribly sorry for taking this long to update, I've been really busy with school and it's been really stressful, but from now on I'll try my best to update more frequently but unfortunately I'm not making any promises but I'll still try. Bye 👋

                                                 ~•Hafsat.