Way with words.

I'm stuck in a daze trying to figure out who it is that I don't notice Solace is way ahead of me.

I'm snap out of my thoughts as I'm pulled to continue walking.

"What were you staring at you weirdo" he asks looking behind me.

"You didn't see anyone?" I question as I look back to the spot where I saw the man only to find nothing.

"No, Relic what did you see?" He sounds concerned but I will never trust concern coming from one of them.

"Nothing, let's go" I try to walk away but of course his stupid giant self blocks me.

"Get out of my way" I say as calmly as I can, I don't want to deal with any drama right now.

"Relic, tell me, whatever it is I'm sure I can help, I'm just trying to look out for you" he gives me a pleading look making me almost cave in but fortunately for me, and unfortunately for him I've trained myself never to trust again.

Maybe that's unfortunate for you

Shut up stupid subconscious.

"Look Solace, you don't get to just play the protective, concerned big brother now when you never have been, you,  just like dad and the rest of my brother's watched me get whisked away and decided I was not worth saving or fighting for. If you have any idea what I went through you wouldn't be expecting me to just act like everything is okay between us when I'm even forcing myself to consider you guys as family at this point".

At the end of my rant, I notice that I have tears in my eyes and surprisingly so does Solace.

The pained look in his eyes makes me wish that I hadn't opened my mouth in the first place but the damage has already been done.

His teeth clench and his knuckles turn white as tears drop down from his eyes as he shakes in visible anger but for some reason, I know the anger isn't directed at me.

"I'm sorry" he says and walks away into the hospital.

I'm left standing alone and dumbstruck by his words, did he just apologize?.

I let out a pained laugh and walk in after him.

I see Alexi and Solace standing by the reception waiting for me.

"Took you long enough" Alexi says and walks into a room and I follow immediately after him not wanting to face Solace.

Solace's POV.

Relic's words hurt, alot, more that I thought words could ever hurt me.

I barely consider you guys as family.

Those were the words that got to me the most, and all of this is really all our fault.

We tried to protect her, we didn't want to lose her so we sent her away but now I'm realizing that in a way, we still lost a part of her and that part we lost will be very hard to get back.

You don't get to play the protective, concerned big brother you never have been.

She's right, sure I was against the Idea of dad sending her away heck I even tried to stop him, I told him it'd be best if we protected her ourselves but he didn't listen.

Instead, I ended up listening to him.

On the day she left, her screams for us to help her really got to me but I couldn't help.

And I had nightmares of that after that night, and I still do.

I was not worth saving or fighting for.