Burdens of a Father.

After leaving Mom in the garden, I decided not to talk to Dad. He wasn't worth it since I wasn't worth his attention that day.

But deep down, something was pulling me to go talk to him, I tried to ignore it but unfortunately, it won.

I stood at Dad's door for about ten whole minutes before I finally gathered the courage to knock.

"Go away," his gruff voice says from the other side of the door, and I roll my eyes. I almost turned around to do just as he said but I still found myself turning the door knob and going in.

How pathetic of me.

"C...can we talk" My voice stupidly shakes and I almost face-palm myself.

And that brings us to now. Dad just staring at me in shock which is probably the most emotion I've seen him show since I got back and me, waiting anxiously for him to say something.

After what feels like ages of silence, I turn around to walk away when he suddenly says.

"Sure, come in" I slowly walk in and my eyes go over to the chair opposite his office desk, scanning it for any defaults before I sit down.

I search my head for what I came to say but suddenly, my mind's completely blank and I just sit there and stare at him like a gaping fish.

Way to go Relic, way to go.

"You said you wanted to talk, so talk" he states coldly and I suddenly have no interest in talking to him again. He is just impossible.

"You know, this is exactly your problem. If you're not interested in talking to me just say so, you don't have to act like I'm some piece of stupid gum beneath your shoe" I blurt out of anger and quickly stand up to walk out.

"Wait" he all but yells almost desperately making me halt in my steps out of shock and I slowly turn to look at him.

"I'm... I'm sorry, please sit and continue" his words have my eyes almost bulging out in shock as I try to process what exactly he just said.

Did he just apologize? And his voice wasn't cold or strict, just normal and maybe even a little soft.

I stand there for a few more seconds openly gaping at him but quickly recover from my shock before sitting back down and trying to gather what little scraps of confidence I have.

"I just want to know, w...why did you, umm w...w...why did" I suddenly lost my ability to speak and tears of frustration started to well up in my eyes.

Talking to him shouldn't be so damn hard.

I'm about to speak again when he suddenly cuts me off.

"Why I left you that day?" He finishes for me and I suck in a sharp breath as the memories start rushing in.

Thinking about that day is never easy.

"Yes" my voice comes out like a tiny squeak and I internally groan in frustration.

So much for being confident.

Dad stays quiet for a few minutes looking deep in thought and then he suddenly lifts the glass that has been sitting on his table and takes a large sip before setting it down.

"Well Relic, what happened that day, it didn't just start on that day. It began the very moment I took over the Spanish mafia" he starts and I scoff. Of course, it had to do with the stupid Mafia.

But I don't say anything and I look at him, signaling for him to continue.

Flashback.

The Spanish Mafia.