2019

"I think I have something that will cheer you up dear," Queen Elizabeth sat down with Eleanor after the whole fiasco with the slapping and the pushing that happened on Christmas.

They were both sitting in Sandringham, a few days after Christmas, inside one of the drawing rooms having their afternoon tea. Most of the family members have left to celebrate new years elsewhere but this year, Eleanor and James decided it would be nice to have a quiet new year with the Queen and Philip.

"Granny, I don't think anything will make Christmas this year feel better," Eleanor sipped her tea. "It's just her aura granny, it's absolutely horrible."

"I think you'll love this one," Elizabeth smiled. "I recalled you told me years ago that you did ballet when you were little?"

"I still do on my free days," Eleanor shrugged. "it helps me relax and destress. Did you know that when you gifted us, Windsor Castle, James renovated a room to make it into a ballet studio for me to practice."

"Yes, I know about that dear. I was the one that gave him that suggestion." Elizabeth sipped her tea. "Yes, well you know that Charles is the Patron of the Royal Opera, and he agreed that it would be good for you to have a joint patron with him, seeing that you love the arts so much."

"Are you really? Is he really?" Eleanor set down her cup to make sure that she didn't accidentally drop it with shock.

"Oh that's not all dear," Elizabeth continued. "It's been years but I feel that I should hand down my patronage to the Royal Ballet to you."

"Oh, thank you so much," Eleanor whispered, looking wide-eyed at the Queen. "Are you sure Granny? I know how much you love the Royal Ballet and the arts."

"I'm sure. I wouldn't hand it down to just anybody you know," Elizabeth joked. "I would also like to add on something."

"Oh granny, you shouldn't have," Eleanor gushed.

"Yes, I feel like it's the least I could do," Elizabeth told Eleanor. "It's never been done before, because we've never had a royal that continued to practice Ballet, but I give you my permission to play the role of Princess Aurora for this year's The Sleeping Beauty, for the opening night."

"Oh," Eleanor got up from her seat and gave Elizabeth a hug. "I should get slapped more often if this is what my reward is."

The two of them laughed at the joke.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

@thewindsors: Wishing all of our followers a Happy New Year and a fantastic 2019! Click the link in our bio or visit our #IGTV channel to see some of our favourite moments of 2018 🎥

comments:

user1: Princess Eleanor has such class and grace. Where does Meghan fit in?!

user2: Meghan is so touchy-feely; not that it's bad, but is unacceptable for royals

user3: How lucky are we to have three beautiful elegant inspirational Duchesses? Eleanor, Kate and Meghan are wonderful, kind, caring women. The three of them have some very similar qualities yet still have their own individual and special qualities. These three women are going to shape our world in so many good ways, especially with the charities they support. I so look forward to seeing them continue taking on their Royal roles with the great dignity, poise and continued friendship they have already shown. They are such great examples to all of us, of kindness, caring, friendship and family. Our Princes must feel so fortunate to have found such wonderful human beings to share their lives with. Their mothers would be so proud. 🌹