Royal Visit Ireland

March 3, 2020

What Eleanor is wearing:

Stepping out of the plane, James and Eleanor smiled at each other before making their way down the stairs of the plane

It was a decision, by both of them, that they would use commercial flight for this tour, despite the tight security surrounding the trip, both keeping in mind of the carbon footprint they are leaving behind. So they decided to use Aer Lingus flight and they arrived shortly before two in the afternoon.

Receiving them there at the airport was British Ambassador to Ireland, Robin Barnett, his wife and members of the British Embassy.

"Good afternoon," James greeted them as he stepped off the steps with Eleanor right behind him. "I hope you didn't have to wait long."

"No not at all your royal highnesses," Robin replied James shaking his extended hand. "Welcome to Ireland."

"Thank you," Eleanor stepped up and greeted the ambassador once James moved on to the next person, which in this case is his wife. "I'm quite excited to be back in Ireland again."

"Have you been here before ma'am?" Robin asked Eleanor.

"Once a few years ago for a personal trip," Eleanor replied. "The views and the people here are so welcoming."

With that, they chatted for a few more seconds before Eleanor moved down the line and finally departing to their first engagement which was to meet the president of Ireland.

______________________________________

When they reached the president's house, they got out of their car and went inside to the room where the president and first lady, Michael D. Higgins and Sabina Coyne.

James greeted the president first before Eleanor shakes his hand before they posed for some pictures and sign the book of visitors.

They sat inside and had tea while they talked for half an hour. James chatted with Michael while Eleanor was talking to Sabina.

"Congratulations on the coronation of King Charles," Sabina congratulated Eleanor.

"Thank you," Eleanor said. "It was quite a happy day for everyone."

"And I listened to your podcast a few weeks ago, the one about the mum and baby," Sabina continued.

"Happy Mum Happy Baby? How did you find it? I was quite nervous myself during the interview," Eleanor laughed.

"I thought it was spectacular dear," Sabina smiled holding Eleanor's hand.

They continue to speak about their charities, their different works, the relationship between Ireland and Great Britain and what they can do to make it stronger.

They finished their tea and biscuits and proceeded to put their coats on before stepping outside to take a walk around the gardens so that James and Eleanor can ring the bell.