Commonwealth Day 2020

March 9, 2020

What Eleanor is wearing:

Eleanor looked at James as they sat inside the car heading towards Westminster Abbey for the Commonwealth service

Eleanor looked at James as they sat inside the car heading towards Westminster Abbey for the Commonwealth service. This would be the first commonwealth service where Charles is King. With that said, a lot of things would be different this year than it was the years before.

Edward and Sophie would be attending this year's service as well and they will arrive first. Followed by Harry, Will and Kate. Unlike the previous two years, Harry will arrive with Will and Kate again which made the crowds go crazy.

Next to arrive are James, and Eleanor. They would be greeted by the Dean of Westminster, members of the Chapter, Bishop of London and the Archbishop of Canterbury. Next, they greeted their siblings with big smiles on their faces.

Eleanor greeted Will first with hugs and kisses, next was Kate, with bright smiles and twinkling eyes. They haven't seen each other much, with Will and Kate stepping up their duties to accommodate James and Eleanor being the Prince and Princess of Wales.

Eleanor greeted Harry last. She hugged him just a second longer and lingered when she kissed his cheeks. He needed to know that Eleanor did not blame him for anything that happened between them.

The hostility that Meghan left, made both Eleanor and Harry awkward with each other. Harry keeps apologising for things that he didn't do and wasn't his fault and Eleanor kept worrying about Harry.

"How are you feeling?" Eleanor asked Harry as they waited at the front for Charles and Camilla to arrive.

"I'm okay," Harry sighed. "I'm adjusting to have Archie through the night, without any nannies. Meghan always had a nanny with him at all times and we rarely spend any time with him. I don't want to miss anymore of his life you know?"

"Of course I know Harry. Let me know if there is anything we can do for you okay?" Eleanor asked her brother in law. "Even if it's just to watch Archie for a few minutes while you shower, we're only down the road."

"Thank you, Eleanor," Harry smiled softly at her sister-in-law. He can't help by feel both his brother's were lucky that they found their true love. He can only hope that he will be as lucky as they are. "After everything that happened, thank you for keeping this family together as you did. I'm scared if it weren't for you, I don't think I would be here right now. I think I would still be married to her and we probably would step back from my duties."

"Oh Harry, you don't have to thank me. It's what families are for, we support each other but we also have to tell them when they're in the wrong, or needed saving. It's not your fault you fell in love with a manipulative woman. You have a big heart Harry, and that's what makes it wonderful to know you. You'll find someone who will respect you for who you are. Besides, I'm your big sister, can't have you running off to America now can we?" Eleanor laughed when Harry let out a chuckle.