The Endeavour Fund Award

March 5, 2020

To say that Harry was nervous was an understatement.

Tonight will be the first time since coronation that he was back in public. He didn't know how the public feels about him, everything is a mess.

He spent the first week after the divorce just spending time with his son at Frogmore, though he won't be staying there any longer. The week he spent at Frogmore was to gather his thoughts and how he felt about the whole thing.

Of course, the first emotion that Harry felt was bitterness and anger. He couldn't believe he fell in love with such a narcissist, how he was manipulated with her soft words and seeds of doubt were planted in his mind about his family. He couldn't believe how close he was to abandon his 93-year-old grandmother and 98 years old, grandfather for someone he thought he loved.

Harry was miserable. Everyone can see that, he couldn't see that.

The second week after the divorce, Harry spent it going through his household, his team, his employees. A lot of them were new people, people he didn't trust. So he did the only person he knows he can trust, someone who's been with him since the very beginning.

He called Ed on Monday. They had a meeting that afternoon, just the two of them. Harry told him everything. He told Ed what had happened and asked for a suggestion on how he could fix this mess.

It's not the first time Ed had to clean up after Harry, but this is the first time he saw Harry look depressed and you couldn't see the light that was usually in his eyes.

On Tuesday, they had a plan. They got rid of those who were from Hollywood background, they hired back those who were part of the Queen's Household before. They got rid of any links between them and known reporters who were paid by Meghan (Omid Scobie being one of them) and they got back the trust between Harry and the reporters. They took back Nottingham Cottage and had Harry's office moved to St. James Palace.

Once Harry felt secured with his decisions that had been okay-ed by The King, Harry took back his life before he married Meghan.

On Wednesday, Harry called Skippy, his best friend. His best friend who he dropped with a snap when Meghan told him that Skippy doesn't like her. His best friend who had been at his side through all his mischievous days, through his heartbreak and through rumours. His best friend who has never sold him out to the press.

They met up for lunch and Harry told him everything. Their relationship wasn't like before, but it was mending.

By that Friday, Harry felt like he has control over most of his life and he was okay with that.

Through the weeks' Harry was absent from the public, he did a lot of behind the scenes work. He told his father that he couldn't live at Frogmore anymore for it had bad memories of Meghan there. He paid back his share of the money for the renovations that they did on Frogmore and moved out. He took Archie and moved back to Nottingham Cottage full time for the time being. He hired Archie's nanny full time to live with him and Archie and Harry felt his life was back on the road.

With this event one of his favourites, he knew he had to attend. Harry couldn't imagine it being one of the last events that he would go to if he had followed through with what Meghan wanted.

It was raining when Harry arrived at Mansion House and when he got out of the car, he was greeted by cheers and a lot of flashing lights.

Right before he entered the house, someone shouted, "You did the right thing Harry!" which made his heart soar a bit, knowing that he didn't make a mistake by coming here tonight.