A Very Merry Christmas

December 23, 2020 

"I am too pregnant to be doing this right now," Eleanor complained as she rubbed her round stomach soothingly. 

"I know love, but you wanted to go to Sandringham for Christmas," James said as he kept his hands on the steering wheel. 

"Besides mum, James and Louise are going to be there, it's going to be so much fun!" Alex said from his seat at the back. 

James and Ellie were on their way to Sandringham, with their four children in tow. This year, the family decided that they should go by car as Ellie would need multiple breaks in between the journey and somehow Ellie have gotten very motion sick this pregnancy. 

They took a six-seater car to fit everybody. 

James was driving the car, with Eleanor seated in the seat next to him. Mia and Alice sat in the last row leaving Alex and Aidan (in his little car seat) in the middle row. Everyone had their own space, everyone had their own seat and was belted to their seat. Each have some sort of entertainment to keep them occupied during the ride and some had even fallen asleep. 

Ellie is due at any moment now, and it was a very big risk having them go to Sandringham this year instead of staying in London and spend their Christmas there. 

However, this is the first Christmas of Charles as King and the family wanted to be together to watch his first Christmas address. 

Elizabeth and Philip on the other hand, are loving life in retirement, able to enjoy the country life in each others presence for the first time in 73 years. 

It was also the first year Harry will spend Christmas as a single father and Ellie wanted the family to be there for him, for him to know that they are here if he needed any help at all. 

To say that this Christmas would be interesting, would be an understatement. 

December 25, 2020 

Throughout their stay in Sandringham, Ellie spent it relaxing while James took care of the children. 

They spent time with the rest of the family, decorated the Chritsmas tree, opened presents and had their usual formal Christmas dinner. 

Charles had his first speech as head of the family and everyone reminisced about old times. 

The children were running around the house, their laughters ringing through the halls. 

Christmas day was another story. 

Ellie wore a big fluffly coat, paired with comfortable shoes. She's due anytime now and her body knows it. 

Ellie is only going to the private morning service with the rest of the family, she would not be joining the rest during their Christmas service and walkabout later on. She was too pregnant and too tired to do that. She also has a bladder the size of a peanut hence the need to use the restroom every two minutes were evident

@clarencehouse: Merry Christmas! The Prince and Princess of Wales are happy to share a new photo of the family, which features on this year's Christmas Card  🎄

December 28, 2020 

The Wales family arrived back in London late evening the day before and Ellie had spent the whole of last night unpacking their things and made sure everything is in order. 

Ellie then spent the rest of the night tossing and turning unable to find a good position to sleep in. 

It was at around six in the morning that Tori felt the first signs of contractions but because her water hasn't broken yet. So she told James that she things the baby is coming today since she can feel the contractions already.