Drama at the Christening

July 6, 2019

What Eleanor is wearing: 

"I know we're moving, but why do they want to do their christening here instead of St

"I know we're moving, but why do they want to do their christening here instead of St. George's Chapel?" Eleanor asked her husband, James, as they both got ready at Windsor Castle the morning of Archie's christening. "It's all very sudden as well. We were only told about this a few days ago, what if we had an engagement or had a meeting? Were we just supposed to drop everything for Their Royal Highnesses?"

"I know you're annoyed darling, but we have to keep the pretences that everything is alright," James calmed down his upset wife. "I don't like her as much as you do, but we have to do what we have to do."

"Let's just get this over and done with, it's bad enough they are being very secretive with the press and about the godparents as well."

The christening happened inside Queen Elizabeth's private chapel inside Windsor Castle and Harry and Meghan allowed no photographers, except for the one that will document the event for the parents.

Those who were invited included: Charles, Camilla, James, Eleanor, Will, Kate, Sarah McCorquodale and Jane Fellows (Diana's two sisters), Doria Ragland and Archie's godparents; Charlie van Straubenzee, Nacho Figueras, Isabel May, Genevieve Hills, and Linsday Roth.

Less than 20 people had attended Archie's christening and Eleanor, for a second felt quite bad for Meghan.

The christening itself went by smoothly, with the Bishop going through what Eleanor and James have gone through four times. The only difference was, Elizabeth and Philip did not attend the christening. In fact, they stayed in London. Elizabeth and Philip attended all four christenings of Eleanor's children and they also attended George and Charlotte's christenings.

That was a clear sign that Elizabeth and Philip did not really like Meghan all that much.

_______________________________

After the photo session, Eleanor and James went to the dining hall for some afternoon tea where it is served. Throughout this time, Eleanor and James were mingling with the rest of the guests. James was talking to his aunties while Eleanor was talking to Charlie and Nacho, whom she knew for a few years now.

She didn't really bother trying to make conversations with Meghan's friends because well, she doesn't really know them and hasn't been introduced.

Across the room, Isabel, Genevieve and Lindsay were talking to Meghan while Archie was with Harry, who was talking to Doria.

"Oh goodness gracious, that's Princess Eleanor over there, in the flesh," Genevieve fangirled for a moment. "I mean, obviously she's here, we're inside her home, and we just attended her nephew's christening, but oh wow. She's even prettier in person."

"Do you think you can introduce us, Meg?" Isabel asked her long-time friend.

"Why do you want to meet her? She's nothing special," Meghan tried brushing it off.

"Well, I'm sure she's somewhat special, Megs," Genevieve said. "She's royalty!"

"I'm royalty!" Meghan snapped.

"Well, you're married into the family, sure. But, she's been in the family for ten years. She's a princess and a duchess and future Queen of England," Isabel shrugged.

"Fine, if you want to meet her so much," with a huff, Meghan got up from her seat and walked towards Eleanor, who was now refilling her punch, with three of her friends trailing Meghan like a lost puppy.

"Eleanor," Meghan called on her sister-in-law once she was close enough. "I want to introduce you to some people."

Eleanor, a bit startled at hearing Meghan's voice, put her polite smile on and turned around.

"These are my friends and Godmother's to Archie, Isabel May, Genevieve Hills and Lindsay Roth," Meghan pointed to each of her friends and introduced them.

"It's a pleasure to meet all of you," Eleanor smiled, shaking each of their hands. "How did you know Meghan?"

"We met her in middle school," Genevieve said pointing to her and Lindsay.

"I met her through a mutual friend, Markus Anderson," Isabel said.

"So you've known her for a long time then?" Eleanor said. "What is it that you do exactly?"

"Well, I work with a PR company here in the UK," Isabel said. "I try to keep my relationship with Meghan under the radar because I know a lot of people who would take advantage of that, but it seems like somehow, the news of our friendship got out."

"That is a bit strange, isn't it?" Eleanor said. "How long were you and Meghan been, friends?"

"I think a few years," Isabel said.

Eleanor was about to say something when James came over and slide his arms around Eleanor's waist and kissed her forehead.

"We have to go now, my love," James said to Eleanor.

"It was nice meeting the three of you," Eleanor smiled at them before turning around and followed her husband to Charles and Camilla to say their goodbyes.

"She was nice," Isabel noted to Meghan.

"She's so stuck-up, Meg," Lindsay muttered to her best friend.

"I told you," Meghan said, smirking a little. "We'll talk more once we're in private."

_________________________________

@thewindsors: Today The Duke and Duchess of Sussex's son Archie was Christened at the Private Chapel at Windsor Castle. This photograph was taken in the Green Drawing Room at Windsor Castle by Chris Allerton. Seated (left to right): The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duke of Sussex, Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor, The Duchess of Sussex, The Duchess of Cambridge. Standing (left to right): The Duke of Windsor, The Prince of Wales, Ms Doria Ragland, Lady Jane Fellowes, Lady Sarah McCorquodale, The Duchess of Windsor, The Duke of Cambridge.

comments:

user1: ❤️ to Harry, Meghan and baby Archie. What will be Archie's official title when he's older 🤔🤔🤔🤔

user2: James trying to hold a straight face next to the aunties 😂

user3: So obvious Prince William and Prince James show the best diplomacy it certainly doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out they didn't really want to be in the picture. They are doing it for the sake of his brother. It's clearly known he didn't want his brother to marry Meghan and Kate and Eleanor clearly is just being sweet but she's uncomfortable he's uncomfortable. There is still friction between the brothers and sister in law.

user4: I don't understand the BRF - Going along with this MM nonsense is going to bring you all down. Shame you posted this.

user5: Stunning Windsors 😍😍💖💖👏👏❤️❤️👑👑

user6: Where is the queen?? Bit of a gap there??

user7: Princess Eleonor and Catherine are wearing matching headbands

user8: The Duchess of Windsor look radiant

user9: Eleanor look amazing!!!