- 1 -

After raining for the past week, the sky was cloudless allowing the sun to shine bright and beam above

After raining for the past week, the sky was cloudless allowing the sun to shine bright and beam above. I took a step out of my vehicle, buckling one of the buttons on my suit jacket as I observed the area. I grabbed my briefcase as a sigh cascading through my lips.

"Rodney, this shouldn't take long. Give me five minutes" I spoke to my personal driver. He nodded as he closed the backdoor.

"Sure thing sir" I made the short walk into the cafe scanning the area.

"Hi there, welcome to Java Hut Cafe. What can I get started for you?"

"Coffee. Black. Please" Her smile declined as she nodded typing away. I dug into my slacks pocket pulling out my wallet. I handed her my card and dropped a $20 bill into the donation jar.

"Wow thank you so much" I gave a nod in response as she handed my card back. I scanned the area again until a hand went up waving me over. I grabbed the coffee from her hands as I made the walk to the table in the corner.

"It's Saige right?" She asked with a cheeky smile.

"Yes and you're.... Gina?" She nodded.

"It's nice to finally meet you" My younger brother, Silas has a tendency to set me up on blind dates. She seemed genuine but I knew better than to judge off the first few seconds of our encounter.

"Likewise. May I ask what you do?" I took a sip from my coffee as I kept my eyes focused on her.

"Well I was working for this brewery downtown but I just quit a couple hours ago" She said with a laugh. I sat my coffee down, surprised.

"Do-- I realized working was not my forte, can I get an Amen?" She said laughing with her fist out. I blinked in response.

"Tough Crowd" She chuckled as she fist bumped herself.

"Hmph, so what do you plan on doing instead?" I took a quick glance at my watch as she started rambling on.

"Well I am getting close to thirty and I'm ready to settle down. So definitely a housewife" She took a sip from her cup. I scratched the back of my head. Every date my brother set me up on, the women knew of my success. All of their answers align with one another, a housewife.

"Ah, would you look at that? I have to get going" I stood up from the seat as she stood as well.

"Duty calls," She joked. I gave a smile.

"It was nice meeting you. Take Care" I said.

"Well here is my nu-" As she was looking for a pen, I slipped out of the café and made the walk to the car.

"I assume another failed blind date, sir" Rodney asked with a smirk. I sighed nodding.

"Yes indeed Rodney, to the office please" He nodded shutting the door once I got settled. I pulled my phone out of my suit jacket dialing a number I called way too frequently.