- 5 -

Was I avoiding? Yes

Was I avoiding? Yes.
Did he notice? Probably so.

Once work rolled around Monday then Tuesday then Wednesday I was able to take some days to really think about what happened. Of course when I asked Solani what to do she told me to stop being scared and jump his bones. I know that I wasn't technically in a relationship but it still felt pretty soon to take another guy serious. A guy who may be on the same bullshit as the other ones I've entertained in the past. They all start off charming until their real colors shine through.

"Not you trying to make yourself look busy" Nia called out. I looked up from my computer as she handed me a pastry bag.

"It seem to work" she chuckled as she took a seat next to me. I opened up the bag to see mini cinnamon sugared donuts.

"Thanks" I took a bite as I let out a deep breath. I have a major sweet tooth and donuts are one of my favorites.

"So I was thinking we could plan a girls night out? If you and Solani are down" I nodded.

"Have you not met her? She down for anything" we shared a laugh. Nia looked up before looking back over at me with a smile. I turned my seat around as my eyes met Saige.

"Ride with me, I want to show you something" he spoke.

"Uh okay, I'll be back" I told Nia.

"Take y'all time, no rush back" I squinted at her before getting out of my seat and following him.

"Is Calvin already at the site?" He asked a couple of people.

"Yes sir, he is currently pegging the ground"

"Good let him know I'm on the way" I looked over to see Nia being immature. I covered my mouth to keep in my laugh. When he turned around to look at me, she stopped.

"I should've asked first, are you comfortable riding with me or would you like to drive yourself?" I smiled at his reassurance.

"I'm comfortable riding with you" he nodded, opening the door for us to exit. A guy opened the back door.

"Thank you Rodney" he allowed me to get in first.

"Wow personal driver, that's fancy" I commented.

"It took a little getting use to"

"Oh okay, you were on your independent shit" he started laughing which made me join in.

"Something like that" he spoke, tossing his arm on the back of the seat. I crossed my ankles. My phone vibrated, breaking our intense eye contact. I grabbed it to read the message I just received.

"So you gonna tell me why you been avoiding me?" He asked.

"Avoiding? I've just been busy that's all" I lied.

"Try again, why you avoiding me?" This time he grabbed my face softly to look up at him.

"Uhh" he licked his bottom lip keeping his eyes on me.