- Epilogue -

| One month later |

I still couldn't believe the grand opening was tomorrow

I still couldn't believe the grand opening was tomorrow. Usually grand openings don't excite me but this particular project is held close to my heart. I put my all into making this hotel the most unique of them all.

"So that's getting pulled off tomorrow?" Silas asked motioning towards the sign. We were on the balcony do a few last touches when he noticed the large tarp covering the sign for a very good reason.

"Yeah, it'll be pulled off when people are starting to join us" he nodded still strung at it.

"That's a few stories up, how the hell y'all covered that"

"I got people" I stated simply as I moved a few plants near the chairs outside.

"Perks of being rich I guess, you got people for everything" he joked as we walked back inside.

"Don't be acting like you ain't got no dough" he smirked shrugging.

"I got 48 cents to my name since I impulsively bought a cheesesteak" I let out a laugh. "My self control is non existent you know this"

"Don't you got employees to pay" I questioned. "How you doing that with 48 cents?"

"Simple. I'm passing out monopoly bank cards" I threw my head back laughing at him. "They can buy a property or two with their pay stub"

"Man I can't stand you sometimes" he finally broke out into a laughter as we took a seat in one of the lobby chairs. Suddenly, the air felt extremely thick. I glanced behind my shoulder seeing no one other than my father walking towards us with his hands in his pocket.

Silas cleared his throat and immediately stop slouching at the sight of him. I could see the anger boiling through his eyes, he was about to snap any second.

"Hello son" he directed to me, still ignoring Silas presence. That started to irk me how easily he was able to act like we weren't important to him. It made me think about the bare truth I gave Ennessey that one night.

"Why you here?"

"Wanted to see how the hotel came together, I won't be able to make the grand opening tomorrow" he took a glance around kidding his head in approval.

"I guess that girlfriend of yours has same taste" he muttered smartly.

"Excuse me" he just gave a coy smile before stopping in front of us.

"Whats so urgent that you can't make it" I asked folding my arms.

"Something personal came up, hopefully the opening goes smooth" on that note, he turned on his heels and started walking off.

"I guess your personal trip to see your second family is more important than being here for your oldest son achievement" Silas snapped. "I guess your other son makes you more proud than the two of us combined. It's a shame you didn't force this lifestyle on him"